Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Surprised to see that nobody(?) is using such a good-looking slip-on (am I the only one liking it???).
Question regarding exhausts in general: should I expect to lose the popping sounds coming from the stock pipe once replaced with any aftermarket one? If that is the case then I will not be changing anything ... love them too much :)

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Surprised to see that nobody(?) is using such a good-looking slip-on (am I the only one liking it???).
Question regarding exhausts in general: should I expect to lose the popping sounds coming from the stock pipe once replaced with any aftermarket one? If that is the case then I will not be changing anything ... love them too much :)
No you won't, if anything it will be amplified exponentially!

·
Registered
118 Posts
If I were to go aftermarket it'd be with Termi's for sure. They look and always sound great.

That said, the stock exhaust sounds SO good that I can't really justify changing just for appearance since performance gain would be pretty marginal from a true usable perspective.

Funny, when I stopped by my local shop a few days after picking mine up, and started the bike to leave... the service guy came out from the back of the store because he heard it an thought I put a pipe on it already... I know I'm preaching the the choir, but even before break in / opening up a bit it is probably the best sounding stock system I've ever heard.

All of that said, that Shift-Tech Carbon is a nice looking pipe. Probably the nicest I've seen outside of the Termi's.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'd hope there's no can of worms there, appearance is all about personal preference...

I'll say I'd be very interested to hear the difference between one can / outlet and 2 in person.

I might open up a can of warms but ... I do not like the look of termis (and price tag). Althought termis do sound good.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
IMHO- Guido runs the absolute BEST Carbon Fiber distributor in the US!!

Yes I am a pal of his, however that does not change the fact that the Carbon itself is always a perfect fit, finish, and pattern when looked at closely! I personally like it much better than the regular DP stuff! Great customer service too. Ya can't go wrong!

**WHOOPS- you meant "Pipes" here, sorry! :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
If I were to go aftermarket it'd be with Termi's for sure. They look and always sound great.

That said, the stock exhaust sounds SO good that I can't really justify changing just for appearance since performance gain would be pretty marginal from a true usable perspective.

Funny, when I stopped by my local shop a few days after picking mine up, and started the bike to leave... the service guy came out from the back of the store because he heard it an thought I put a pipe on it already... I know I'm preaching the the choir, but even before break in / opening up a bit it is probably the best sounding stock system I've ever heard.

All of that said, that Shift-Tech Carbon is a nice looking pipe. Probably the nicest I've seen outside of the Termi's.
Agreed, the stock exhaust sounds amazing. If I were to go the aftermarket exhaust route it would be a full Akrapovic system & MWR Filter + Rapid Bike for tuning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.