Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many places / brands to buy carbon fiber, you can buy the cheaper stuff and hope it fits ok. Just buy from Shift-tech and it fits and looks great every time, no trimming no enlarging holes. !! They stock what they sell and your informed the day it ships. Matte carbon fiber is great looking.:dance: Thanks guys !

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Glad to read you guys are all concurring that Guido and his outfit are not only some of the best customer service in this business, but also put out some of the VERY best carbon fiber regardless of which model bike, matte or gloss finish, and all with VERY few returns or complaints. Surely one of the best out there and a great guy as well.

Thanks for posting on a good thing. We all tend to put something up when we are mad or upset with a particular dealer or distributor about something going wrong for us. Needless to say we all should also post the good stuff and thank those who did it right out there ya know? That and referrals go a long way for vendors! :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Agreed! Stay away from the Bestem brand...

Shift tech all day, everyday
Funny you bring up these two brands.
I have had some Shift-Tech stuff and it is indeed perfectly produced and had zero issues.

I bought some Bestem and had issues, ended up throwing it away and wasting my $. It was subpar qualify.

·
Registered
12,897 Posts
It stands up well also. I've had several pieces since 2008 and only recently had to replace all but one because the finish was too far gone to polish anymore. I put A LOT of mileage on too.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Sorry to be at odds with the majority here.

But the only Shift-Tech parts I ever fitted (air-runner covers on an 848 Evo) did not fit properly. A real disappointment.

And even though the Bestem stuff is obviously made down to a price, I have never had so much trouble fitting it.

Just thought I should balance the reports here.

I didn't do any follow-up on the Shift-Tech items as the bike wasn't mine, and once I'd managed to get them to fit (the LH one I remember being way out) the owner was happy to leave it.

But my experience seems to be the odd one out. I know many on here have always been happy with Guido's work.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I picked up a set of used ST under tank panels. Liked them so much I just ordered the front fender and rear to fit the Akra exhaust. Emailed them mentioned I was member on here I received a 10% discount and I think free shipping and a free T. Guido got back to me with in a few hours. Front fender gets here tomorrow, rear is a couple of weeks out.

Shift tech sells/makes a good product at a reasonable price with great customer service.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Sorry to be at odds with the majority here.

But the only Shift-Tech parts I ever fitted (air-runner covers on an 848 Evo) did not fit properly. A real disappointment.

And even though the Bestem stuff is obviously made down to a price, I have never had so much trouble fitting it.

Just thought I should balance the reports here.

I didn't do any follow-up on the Shift-Tech items as the bike wasn't mine, and once I'd managed to get them to fit (the LH one I remember being way out) the owner was happy to leave it.

But my experience seems to be the odd one out. I know many on here have always been happy with Guido's work.
Your not the only one with troubles pat. I'm one of the many who purchased the key Gaurd in its early stages id say and it took some trimming and fitting before it wouldn't chip my tank anymore. But that was after it was installed 4-5 times and re trimmed so my tank was already chipped and looked like crap so I then purchased the outer carbon tank panel from carbon worlde to cover the chips. Now to the present time where I'm awaiting my new tank that is now smaller so the key Gaurd and tank panel are now useless.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts