Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

Been reading this forum for a while, and finally joined since I would love to have some insight from the members here.

So my dilema here, i'm looking to get a new 2013 848 EVO.

I've been wanting to get the 2013 848 EVO in black, but dealers in my area, have no idea about the color scheme of the new 848 evo.
The corse however is out and we know what it has and what it looks like.
The new corse is nice, but I find the stealth black sexier.

I also noticed that the 848 corse does not have the passenger seat compared to the 848 evo.
I understand that the corse has extra performance parts.

I need to make a decision soon as I need to put my name on the list to get the corse as they're gonna pass the order as they say (the dealer)

The price difference between the 2 bikes is 500$.

What are in you guys eyes, the pro's and con's as to which model to get, if you were in my situation?

Thank you!

EDIT:
I guess you guys would need to know a bit what I plan on doing with the bike.
Don't want to commute much with it. I will go to work with it a few times, but now every day.
Mostly plan on going for rides with it and enjoy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
DOMZE,

I work at Ducati Indianapolis, and we do know what the colors are for the 2013 848EVO.
The 848EVO will only come in Black and White, same colors as 2012, just no more Red.

Obviously you've seen the pictures of the new Cores in Black and Silver. It has exactly the same extra's as the 2012 (Quick Shifter, Ohlins rear Shock, Traction Control, 330mm brake discs, Matching seat cowl), except they added the $2200 Aluminium Tank! It does come with the passenger seat and Pegs. NOTE: The Corse is $1000 more than a standard EVO.

In my mind, there's nothing to think about, the Corse is the way to go with all of the extras it comes with and the sweet Paint job that was derived from the 1199 Test Bike that Bayliss and Checa Tested.

I own a 2010 848NH, I'd pay an extra $1000 just to have Traction Control and the Quick Shifter!

Good Luck Choosing.
PS: If your near Indy, we just ordered 3 of the Corses and 2 Blacks for 2013.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Nate!! very good insight

I actually live in Canada. Ducati here is like an extreme niche market... 3 Ducati shops in the whole province and they are 200 to 350KMs (124 to 217 miles) away.

I based myself on the 2012 prices. When I went the guy told me there was a 500$ diff between 848 evo and corse.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ah, I'm sure the prices are different up there. For us, the price didn't change. Standards are $13,995 and the Corse's are $14,995

·
Registered
66 Posts
if color is a deal breaker, buy the corse and sell the plastics. the corse is worth the extra money.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Saw the Corse, went to my dealer. Now I'm 3rd in line. Should be a great bike. All you need is gold in the front. Then you've got the perfect track piece.

I know some BST's would look amazing on this bike.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The 2012 Corse comes with rear pegs and seat included but not installed.
Which is nice to learn when the original stealership I was talking to was trying to charge me $750 for them as they had to be specially ordered... :mad:

Nice thing about the 2nd dealership was no BS!

The gadgets, widgets, and resale make the Corse worth the extra bit. These are things that you can add in via 3rd party on a regular Evo but at a much greater cost and without the warranty.

·
Registered
828 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Which is nice to learn when the original stealership I was talking to was trying to charge me $750 for them as they had to be specially ordered... :mad:

Nice thing about the 2nd dealership was no BS!

The gadgets, widgets, and resale make the Corse worth the extra bit. These are things that you can add in via 3rd party on a regular Evo but at a much greater cost and without the warranty.
All I can really say is WOW they were going to sell the seat and pegs for 750...when its included...that is pretty low life... :loser:

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
The traction control alone is worth it, it has saved my but when I have caught sand gravel and coolant running the local twisties.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts