Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm selling a brand new Shorai LFX14A1-BS12 that I ordered from Cycle Gear specifically for the Ducati 848. However, I'm selling the bike and the current battery is good so I'll sell this battery separately.

It is brand new in box. Asking $125 and I'll ship standard ground to lower 48. Or can pickup in San Diego. If you need it shipped faster, we can figure out shipping cost. I paid $159 from Cycle Gear in January... and seems to go for $143 or more elsewhere.

I can accept paypal or credit card using square. Up to you. Or cash in person.

Here are the specs:

Shorai LFX14A1-BS12 LiFePO4 Motorcycle Battery for Ducati 848 - (2008-2012)
SKU: LFX14A1-BS12 (CR# 957414)
Brand: Shorai
Replacement - 100% Compatible
Meets or Exceeds Original Specifications

Brand new Shorai LFX14A1-BS12 OEM replacement battery for Ducati 848 - (2008-2012).

Specifications
Chemistry Lithium-Iron Phosphate
Voltage 12.0 V
Capacity 14 Ah
Rating 168 Whr
CCA 210

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
I think they recommend the 18 for the 1X98s, and probably not a bad idea for the 848 either.

The 14 Ah is fine for a two-valve. In fact I just ordered one for my Cagiva Elefant (750SS engine) - just a couple of days too soon!

:(

PS. In case you missed it VFR - Motowheels are currently discounting their Shorais.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah bummer. And you're in AUS otherwise I'd say return it and buy mine

I think they recommend the 18 for the 1X98s, and probably not a bad idea for the 848 either.

The 14 Ah is fine for a two-valve. In fact I just ordered one for my Cagiva Elefant (750SS engine) - just a couple of days too soon!

:(

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
they stopped selling LFX14 for all ducatis
i was told it just wont cut it so LFX18 is the only one recommended

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmmmm I wonder if cycle gear will take it back since I just bought in January but have yet to install on the bike (new in box). Or at least store credit.

Would be nice to get my $159 back

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I would just contact them and ask for a replacement to the newer model. Just tell them the Ducati dealerships are telling you it's not recommended anymore when you asked them to install it. Worth a try.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
they should
point them to shorai web site
they dont list that battery for ducati any more

Hmmmm I wonder if cycle gear will take it back since I just bought in January but have yet to install on the bike (new in box). Or at least store credit.

Would be nice to get my $159 back

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Nothing worth arguing about here.
Yes, the 18 Ah is the one for the 4-valve/high-compression models.
The 14 Ah models are sufficient for the smaller (600 - 750) 2-valvers.
Naturally outlets are inclined to recommend the dearer/more-powerful model if they've heard of anyone having problems.
So this battery would have been suitable for SOME Ducatis, just not all.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts