Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Larger Amp

So this is NOT the larger Amp battery? If Im spending this much money whats a little more? What is the model for the larger amp battery?

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
So the OP asks specifically about a Shorai battery, he is told the appropriate model, a site sponsor confirms this, and the OP commences to purchase the battery from them.

Then our resident advice-giver offers another brand altogether, with apparently less amp-hours. Plus other confusing advice.

All part of being the only "helpful" member here..

:confused:

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
Shorai Lithium Iron LiFePO4 Battery LFX18A1-BS12 18 Amp Hour, 270 Cold Cranking Amps
Antigravity Lithium Battery YT12BS-16 22 Amp Hour, 480 Cranking Amps

I have no interest in putting more money in the hands of foreign trade. Shorai is a Chinese company and they ship their cells in from Japan on ships, then ship completed batteries to the US on ships. Its a huge polluting factor which effects not only our economy, but our environment.

Antigravity batteries are made in the USA. Cells are sourced from a US factory and batteries are assembled here as well. Plus, they are simply better batteries, with much higher quality DC/DC regulators which means, you don't need a special Shorai tender.

Put money in to OUR economy, not the Chinese one. Its a more costly solution, but its the right thing to do.

That's why I always suggest Antigravity batteries. It sucks Motowheels doesn't sell them, but I'd rather recommend the right product, for the right reasons, then simply whatever is stocked by a site promoter.

Again Pat, educating people on all the choices so they can make the right decision, not blindly going in because its what everyone else does.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
$$$.$$

Cant afford the Antigravity, and with all due respect a lot of the reviews I read on this are not the best. Gonna order the Shorai and hope for the best. Thanks

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Of course none of us are in the position to be able to carry out a scientific comparison between these alternatives.

But the reality is that Shorai are the biggest-selling brand in this marketplace, and offer a generous warranty on their products.

So my recommendation was based on the number of owners on here (including myself) who have had good service from them. Not a 'sheep-mentality' 'follow the herd' type of suggestion, as Tye accuses.

And why do Anti-Gravity have such a different naming system? Putting the number 16 in the place that EVERY OTHER battery manufacturer puts the amp-hour rating, when the claimed Ah is something different..

Good luck with your Shorai. I'm sure you will love its light weight and cranking power. I suggest you invest in the dedicated Shorai charger at the same time, and share the freight across the two items.

But if you use the bike regularly you shouldn't need to charge it for a year or so.

Incidentally, it is now over three years since I fitted the Shorai to mine. (I noticed this in another linked thread). So they can last the distance, even though starting the big high-compression twin is obviously pretty hard on the battery.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, yes went ahead and invested in the charger too. After much research you can use a battery tender, but not leave it on indefinitely. I am use to leaving a tender connected when not riding. So that is why I went on and got their charger. Plug it and forget it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts