Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

This is my first post but I've been reading at this site for months. Great info from everyone.

Now to my question. My dealer called today and said that they have a 1098 base coming in and asked how ready I was to buy. I placed a deposit with them back in Feb.

I have my F350 on sale to pay for this, and it has not yet sold. I can come up with the money, but my question is....should I take this one or wait for the next one? I'd rather wait to have the extra cash in hand, but I'm dying to get on this thing. My only reservation is the stalling deal. I could be patient, wait for the money, and wait for the next one which will hopefully incorporate whatever fix. Heck, the one coming now may be fixed. What do you guys think? Any idea as to what VIN numbers may include the fix?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Roberto C. Gomez

·
Registered
96 Posts
There may not be a next one since most are spoken for. Ducati will make sure your bike is squared away sooner or later, so go for it.
F

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
Buy it now. Later it will cost more. Maybe much more.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure if it's within forum rules, but you can PM me and I'll let you know all of the details. It's a Limited Edition 2000 F350 CrewCab Dually 7.3l 4X4 with 91k miles.

Roberto

·
Registered
10 Posts
Get it, its worth it. I had stalling issues when I first picked up my bike. They next day they took care of it and fixed the problems and has been running great ever since. I think DNA has the knowledge to fix it, they just need to filter that knowledge to all dealers.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Wait so that you have more money to get the mods you want now ie. exhaust. They are not all spoken for yet contrary to popular opinion.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I don't know if they are all spoken for or not but my dealer has sold into the 2008 model year. I think my bike has had just about the most amount of trouble of all the people on the forum and despite the fact it has been in the shop three times, I would not have let it pass me by. I say get it before someone else does. They are only going up in cost.

Trey

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fellas,

After much thought and with your input I called my dealer and told him I'll take it!!!
It is supposed to come in next Thursday and I should be able to take it home Friday.

Roberto

1 - 12 of 12 Posts