Ducati.org forum banner
321 - 340 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #321 · (Edited)
Sitting further back

Big improvement in speed and refined controls this weekend. Getting back in the seat more fixed a ton of my issues. It allowed my upper body to come down further and allowed for my countersteering to feel so much more effective. Also as Misti mentioned when I got further back in the seat and did a heel raise with my outside foot it drove my knee into the tank and my entire upper body felt loose. Can't wait for this weekend to expand on this

Here's this weekends shot..
Motorcycle racer Motorcycle Superbike racing Vehicle Motorcycle racing

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Big improvement in speed and refined controls this weekend. Getting back in the seat more fixed a ton of my issues. It allowed my upper body to come down further and allowed for my countersteering to feel so much more effective. Also as Misti mentioned when I got further back in the seat and did a heel raise with my outside foot it drove my knee into the tank and my entire upper body felt loose. Can't wait for this weekend to expand on this

Here's this weekends shot..
View attachment 107770

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #323 ·
YAY!!! So happy for you! Let me know if you have any other questions :)
:D
Thanks a lot for providing your feedback, Misti. Your suggestions worked perfectly and made an insane difference in my confidence level. I seriously need to get into the classroom with you guys at CSS.

Thank you :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks a lot for providing your feedback, Misti. Your suggestions worked perfectly and made an insane difference in my confidence level. I seriously need to get into the classroom with you guys at CSS.

YAY!!!!

Yes :) You will love it! And it's much easier to coach you in person than it is via a forum ;)

Let me know what school you choose to do and I'll tell you if I will be coaching or not. New schedule should be out in November sometime! I used to coach full time at every school but with two kids I only make it 4-5 times per year now.

You'll learn a ton! Glad to be able to help :)

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #325 ·
YAY!!!!

Yes :) You will love it! And it's much easier to coach you in person than it is via a forum ;)

Let me know what school you choose to do and I'll tell you if I will be coaching or not. New schedule should be out in November sometime! I used to coach full time at every school but with two kids I only make it 4-5 times per year now.

You'll learn a ton! Glad to be able to help :)
Sounds good! I'll take a look at the schedule when it comes out and I'll let you know. Should I email you, or will you be checking back in on this site periodically?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sounds good! I'll take a look at the schedule when it comes out and I'll let you know. Should I email you, or will you be checking back in on this site periodically?
Sent you a private message with my email address but I will check back here when I remember :)

I'll try to post the schedule up when it comes out and please feel free to ask me anything you may want to know about the school or any coaching/riding technique and I'll do my best to answer!

Take care!
Misti

·
Registered
218 Posts
My body position is pretty weak, just did my first big-track, track day in 15 years. I pretty much just rode around. The shitty music is my shitty garage band. :O)

I am working on the body position. I'm taking my second "asphalt only" SoCal Supermoto School next month, took my first Saturday. Took the regular Supermoto school last month. Having a lot fun over here in my old age. Why not?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Well Andy I must say at 67 I just hope I'm able to walk let alone get on a bike and have enough guts to do a track day. Congrats on the video and as for the "shitty band" I enjoyed it so what does that say for me? Congrats again, enjoy and keep the rubber on the ground and you will go places.

·
Registered
503 Posts

I've been hearing someone has been getting faster!!

That traction control kit we threw on your baby got your confidence right through the roof!!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #330 ·
I've been hearing someone has been getting faster!!

That traction control kit we threw on your baby got your confidence right through the roof!!
LOL definitely helped with confidence. It's been cold up here so I haven't wanted to ride, hoping for some clear skies here soon. You going to ACH this weekend?

·
Registered
87 Posts
SCHEDULE IS OUT :)

Schedule | California SuperBike School

I will be coaching at the Ridge for Sure in July and Laguna in October. Other than that I should hopefully be at Vegas in Feb and a few other Vegas, Sonoma and Laguna dates. I need to stick a bit closer to the west coast as i did a lot of travel this year and my away time has all been used up.

Let me know if you have any questions!!! :dance::moped:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #333 ·
SCHEDULE IS OUT :)

Schedule | California SuperBike School

I will be coaching at the Ridge for Sure in July and Laguna in October. Other than that I should hopefully be at Vegas in Feb and a few other Vegas, Sonoma and Laguna dates. I need to stick a bit closer to the west coast as i did a lot of travel this year and my away time has all been used up.

Let me know if you have any questions!!! :dance::moped:
Hey Misti.. I noticed that earlier this week. Looks like all the Vegas days are the 2 day camps. You going to be doing Streets of Willow at all? In April? That'd be my best bet I think..

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey Misti.. I noticed that earlier this week. Looks like all the Vegas days are the 2 day camps. You going to be doing Streets of Willow at all? In April? That'd be my best bet I think..
I doubt I'll be at Streets...but I'm not sure yet. I'm confirmed for Vegas in Feb, the Ridge in July and Laguna in October but nothing else so far yet. I'll let you know....are there other dates, places you are considering?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #336 ·
I doubt I'll be at Streets...but I'm not sure yet. I'm confirmed for Vegas in Feb, the Ridge in July and Laguna in October but nothing else so far yet. I'll let you know....are there other dates, places you are considering?

Hey Misti,

Laguna October sounds like it could be do-able. I'm for sure going to be doing at least Level 1 & 2 earlier in the year (Streets)- so maybe Laguna Level 3?? Never been there yet and running some laps on there is for sure on my bucket list.

Also confirmed for COTA in August wooohooooo!!!!:D:D Anyone signed up for any of these dates? Be sure to come by and introduce yourself!!
Nice! Planning on a trip there in April for the GP race with a bunch of buddies. Track looks amazing.. another bucket list item for sure. Hope you have a blast.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey Misti,

Laguna October sounds like it could be do-able. I'm for sure going to be doing at least Level 1 & 2 earlier in the year (Streets)- so maybe Laguna Level 3?? Never been there yet and running some laps on there is for sure on my bucket list.

Nice! Planning on a trip there in April for the GP race with a bunch of buddies. Track looks amazing.. another bucket list item for sure. Hope you have a blast.
Laguna for level 3 sounds amazing!! It is one of those tracks that you HAVE to go to once in your lifetime :) Let me know if you sign up (Sooner rather than later as they fill up fast!!) and maybe I will see you there!

Be sure to keep us posted on how level 1-2 goes at the Streets and as always, let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you and I'm sure I will have lots of fun riding COTA :) (one of the perks of the job!) :yo::yo:

321 - 340 of 355 Posts