Ducati.org forum banner
1261 - 1280 of 1308 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Don't get me wrong. I think all black is the sexiest but on a bike it makes my anxiety sky rocket. Not that I'm completely safe in bright colors. Safe and bikes go together like water and oil.
Bright colors make my anxiety run cause a cop could see me easier lol not that I always drive like an ass but it's hard to do the speed limit on our bikes.

Reactions: timmthehuman

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I'd rather get pulled over than get hit by a car. Tickets are less expensive than bike/body repairs ;)
I would rather neither lol but I'll take my chances with both.

PS....the headlight retrofit helps alot!!! As well as a really bright integrated tail with flashing brake

Reactions: Dmitriy5099

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
just got this from a froum member... me being a kwack guy in previous life and exceedingly fond of ZX7R's (currently 2 of them in my basement), this was a nice fit

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a few photos of my helmet. Please disregard the lighting; it was the best I could do.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Yes I do. All were manufactured in late 2015 so I'm good for awhile.

That being said... Anyone looking for an XL Shoei? Lol
Maybe...what model and how much?

Reactions: Tchase

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Highly debated... Working with a helmet maker there is more to the story.
Only debatable thing is the actual time, but anyone that has any experience with shock absorbing foams, like most urethane-based foams can tell you that the material properties change over time, just like rubber. They get very brittle and lose the ability to do what they're meant to do. I don't believe in the 5-year thing personally...like with most things, that's just a safety factor and is there more for liability reasons. The helmet will be fine beyond that, but the question is for how long?? Personally, I would not wear anything older than 10 years though, but for racing I have to have one that's no older than 5 anyway...plus the interior pads and strap are wearing out on my Arai, which is why I may be looking for a new helmet at some point this year.

·
Court Jester
12,076 Posts
Environmental plays a huge roll, also dropping your helmet..

Reactions: WERA689
1261 - 1280 of 1308 Posts