Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I cannot find any information on servicing the stock Showa shock for 1198. Is it actually serviceable? If yes, any idea where I can find the tech parameters like rebuild kit contents, oil spec, gas pressure, etc.? I did not find anything in the service manual.

Cheers,
Tony

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
I don't think it's worth servicing. I think you should toss it in the trash and buy a pre owned Ohlins shock and amaze yourself.

I bought mine for 400

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, guys.

I am aware of options for replacing the stock Showa. However I am interested in the technical matters regarding servicing this particular shock.

There's also a certain amount of info comparing the stock Showa and the stock Ohlins and it seems exchanging one for the other is not worth the effort. If you are upgrading it seems wiser to go up to Ohlins TTX or similar grade rear suspension.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I had my stock Showa worked over by a local suspension guy and of course it isn't the quality of an Ohlins but for my riding style and skills it is more than enough so as far as I know its definitely doable and worth it if done right

·
Registered
456 Posts
Heck, my offer is a bargain even if you just use it for parts. You're gonna need 'em if you're going to service your Showa. Again, if it were me i would just exchange mine for yours. Cheap and simple. My .02
Greg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.