Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I rode to TruValue one day and as I entered the parking lot with my Duc this guy exited the store and started running right towards me... As I pulled into a parking spot he had finally reached me and was yelling before I shut down, "Hey, Hey, turn that bike off!!! Turn it off right now!"
So I quickly turned the bike off to see what was wrong and he said, "Your bike has no oil it is rattling and making the most loud clanking noise I've ever heard on a motorcycle!" I assured him I had oil and that it was a dry clutch which makes a rattling noise.

Definitely a funny Ducati story that I am sure some of you have also experienced.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I'm sure I posted this here umpteen years ago but here it is again.

At one of the Harley Annivs I was there in Milw to enjoy the festivities. Well this time the clutch was shot on the 998 and making uber noise. I mean hammering big as the basket was so worn out.

So there I was at a stop light and this nice guy on a bagger pulls alongside and says hey there's something wrong with your bike you better shut it off.

Oh yeah I replied, it's low on oil. I'll add some tomorrow. The light turned green and he rode away shaking his head.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
LOL I would've burst out laughing in his face!

·
Registered
127 Posts
omg, I went through something really similar! When I first got my duc it had not been started in 2 years, so I changed all the fluids and put in a new battery and had my friend stand by and video the first time I fired it up. Fired up first try! I posted the video to facebook and everyone was melting down, "OMG SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH YOUR BIKE!!! YOU BETTER GET THAT CHECKED OUT!" or "That rattling doesn't sound right... I hope you didn't get ripped off on that thing"

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I had a guy tell me in a panicked voice to "quick, switch it off it's going to blow up!" as I pulled up at the bowser to get fuel. Most just ask "what's that terrible noise" then after explaining they ask "is it supposed to sound like that?" It's amusing most of the time.

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
I prefer to fill up at pumps that have a diesel nozzle as well.. ever since a guy asked me once what the rattle noise was.. I pointed to the bowser and said.. .. Diesel...

He just looked at the bike and the bowser.. " Oh... cool" and off he wandered...

·
Banned
263 Posts
I prefer to fill up at pumps that have a diesel nozzle as well.. ever since a guy asked me once what the rattle noise was.. I pointed to the bowser and said.. .. Diesel...

He just looked at the bike and the bowser.. " Oh... cool" and off he wandered...
I've been asked if mine was a diesel before.
I have so been waiting to do this exact same thing!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know if this is urban myth or not, but I heard a story once about a guy on a Streetfighter who got out of a speeding ticket by telling the cop "I think something's broken on the bike, I'm just trying to get it to the shop."

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think everyone with a vented clutch has had some sort of "there's something wrong with your bike" from someone.

When I first got the SS all the guys I ride with asked what was wrong with it, is it broken, etc.

After a while the smart ass's would hop off their bikes at red lights and do their best (worst) Flamenco dance impression before the light turned green.

They called it the Mariachi clutch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.