Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else sick and tired of people telling you your going to get hit by a car and die. I wonder if it's socially acceptable to tell a person there Honda Civic is going to get crushed by a dump truck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry for the rant I just got my new Monster and everybody I know relentless telling me oh you got a bike .... I know a guy lost both legs just the other day. WTF!

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
I used to hear it till I tell em I've had more friends and family killed in car accidents than motorcycle accidents. Usually shuts em up. Eventually all my friends became bikers so now all I hear of is the great rides and feeling of it.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Cager's will never understand what it's like to ride a motorcycle on the street, so they don't understand the benefits. To them it seems like we're all crazy, where in reality we look at them and say THEY'RE crazy for being stuck in a cage! I think the key is to make new friends, people who ride bikes. This way you can verify you're not crazy! LOL :)

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Shit, tell them if they disagreed with you having a bike, then you have bad news for their parents.

·
Registered
938 Posts
well. you can not get mad if they are really concerned with you. We know that ridding is more dangerous but it is fun so we do it.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
well. you can not get mad if they are really concerned with you. We know that ridding is more dangerous but it is fun so we do it.
Concerning for his safety and well being is one thing..
being an asshole and tell him to go get hit and die is well..assholish lol..

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Going along with this theme......how many military guys/gals have their friends comment on how dangerous motorcycling is yet make no comment on the fact that they are active in the military??

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Pat, Been there, done that. I've been lectured on those topics lol.
When it comes down to it, it was the squids who gave all the bad impressions and danger of riding a bike..
Hell, I have my friends broke their noses riding mountain bikes, and they were the ones who said motorcycles are dangerous.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Never had anyone give me a lecture on safety of motorcycling. When I tell people I ride and go to the track most people say "awesome" especially when they see the pictures and videos. When I go to friend's places who don't know I ride they usually come running out of the house to see what that awesome sound is and then stare for a while! I think that people who stunt on public roads are what give motorcycling a bad name. And also harley owners who just like to rev their engine all the time in parking lots because they are super awesome...said no one ever.

·
Registered
108 Posts
People say motorcycles are dangerous. Really? And cars are not? I was in a cage before set myself free. Wanted to buy a sports car but now I want to buy a sport bike. :)

I say motorcycles, well vehicles in general are like guns. They will kill you if you don't know how to handle them properly. It takes a great deal of responsibility. You can hurt/kill people with it and yourself.

·
Registered
995 Posts
The thing that I got tired of fast was wen I biked to work and it was 20 degrees F out. I'd walk into the office with a heavy jacket, gloves, a scarf, and invariably someone would ask "Are you cold?" No dingbat. I always put frost on my stash.

Pjk

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
The thing that I got tired of fast was wen I biked to work and it was 20 degrees F out. I'd walk into the office with a heavy jacket, gloves, a scarf, and invariably someone would ask "Are you cold?" No dingbat. I always put frost on my stash.

Pjk
Hahahahaha yeah I used to work with Captain Obvious too!!

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
And also harley owners who just like to rev their engine all the time in parking lots because they are super awesome...said no one ever.
ROFL!!!! Sadly, revving a Harley in neutral is part of ownership. It's part of their bylaws, look it up in the Harley owners documentation, it's there! They say Harley is about freedom and being "free spirited" but in reality, it's about being a club member and following the club. Don't think for yourself, don't be free, just do what the other club members do so you can fit in and look/sound cool.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.