1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and,

http://gpxtra.com/2014/07/14/aleix-espargaro-to-sign-for-ducati-on-2-year-deal/

Aleix Espargaro to sign for Ducati on 2 year deal

Aleix Espargaro will sign for the Factory Ducati team in the coming days according to reports in Spain.
The Spaniard who signed for the NGM Forward Racing team at the start of the 2014 season is expected to move onto a full prototype machine for next season, but in a surprise move, reports emulating from Spain are saying that he will turn down an offers from Suzuki and HRC to ride in the LCR team on a RC213V, and will instead sign for Ducati, to ride in their flagship Factory team in a two year deal.
The news has come from motocuatro.com, and they say that Ducati have acted swiftly in securing the services of a rider for the next two years, after getting a resounding ‘no’ from Jorge Lorenzo.
They say Cal Crutchlow will look to move on from Ducati after just his first season, and with the ‘big four’ all staying where they are, for at least one more year, that Davide Brivio has convinced Andrea Dovizioso to also jump ship and join the Suzuki Factory team, possibly alongside reigning Moto3 World Champion Maverick Viñales. There is also interest in yesterday’s race winner Dominique Aegerter from Suzuki, with the Swiss rider competing in the Suzuka eight-hour for the Japanese brad.
This would leave the Factory Ducati team with Aleix Espargaro and Andrea Iannone with a new fresh look and team for 2015.
Espargaro is of course no stranger to the beast that is the Desmosedici. Aleix Espargaro came in on the Pramac Ducati in 2009, and then had a full season on the same bike in 2010 before going back to Moto2 for a season. But since the move to Aspar and the ART, and the subsequent spell on the Forward M1, Espargaro has seen his stock rise higher and higher and Ducati believe they have the best alternative to Lorenzo for the next two seasons.
Espargaro’s form this season has really attracted the attention of the bosses in Italy, and after his pole position, and fourth place in Assen the Ducati bosses decided to act swiftly and move to get him onboard for the future after the unsuccessful signing of Cal Crutchlow. Ducati view the 24 year old (25 on 30th July) as the young, hungry rider they want on their bike for 2015 with Gigi Dall’Igna understood to be impressed with Espargaro from his time on the ART when Dall’Igna was still with Aprilia.
The summer break is usually the time the final contracts get thrashed out, and with uncertainty over the futures of Bautista, Bradl and Smith, there will most probably be some movers by the time we come back in Indiana.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not to be confused with the "stupid season",....

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
It's almost certain cal is off. No idea which party exercised the option to terminate first ( Yes, Ducati had the same clause Cal did ) I've just been told he's off to LCR #sillyseason

take all comments in this thread with a pinch of salt until confirmed.

I can't even ask my usual sources as they are all in Italy for WDW2014 while I sit here with half my forehead removed :(

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
wow lots of shuffling around. If Aleix Espargaro signs with Ducati, I'll be happy! I've been saying for 2 years that he deserves a factory bike...he probably would've been better on a Yamaha though, but oh well...I'm a Ducati fan, so I'm ok with it :D I think it's funny that Ducati made an offer to Lorenzo LOL....I would've liked to see that in person....the look on Lorenzo's face. He probably just started laughing and said NO right away without even giving it any thought :D

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
tweeted this morning from his hospital bed

https://twitter.com/calcrutchlow/status/489150734039252992

@LivioLoi hey ! You come with me now mate ! Prove them all wrong and bring you to the top.
Call me …

This in response to Loi being dropped my MarcVDS after badmouthing the team and bike all year, blaming the fact that he didn't have a factory KTM on his results in Moto3. The team built him a full factory bike ( as much as they could with parts available 0 and he still shit the bed so they dumped him.

This clearly means Cal is off and looks like it's to a team that could accommodate Loi in either moto3 or moto2. Loi is a very young 16, still a child. Pairing him with Cal is not the mentoring I'd suggest.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
'Bye Cal....... Say hello to and Aleix..

Reactions: 1fast750ss

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I'm not saying that anything in the OP is true or not, because I simply don't know. However that post was made by one blogger who interpreted what he said from 1 article that appeared in Spanish on a Spanish website.
Nothing can be classed as reliable as there are no corroborating sources yet.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What??? You mean it might just be some "Forumn Bullshit"..... :laughing::laughing::laughing:

We are certainly used to that unsubstantiated "wisdom"!!!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Aleix spent two years with Pramac (22 Races). I thought Ducati planed to bump Iannone to the Factory Squad maybe Dovi's gone as well. Seems as if he's been taking on a bit of Cal's approach lately.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Pramac Ducati was crap when Espargaro rode for them, and I don't think he wasn't quite at the level he's at now. Him and Iannone on the factory Ducati team for next year...I'm calling it now! :D

Reactions: ENZOSO

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^ Don't tell it like it is Rub,!!!!:laughing::laughing

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Wasn't questioning his time with Pramac. Just saying he has experience on the Desmo. Would love to see Joe and Aleix as team-mates

Reactions: Paul1198

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Pramac Ducati was crap when Espargaro rode for them, and I don't think he wasn't quite at the level he's at now. Him and Iannone on the factory Ducati team for next year...I'm calling it now! :D
Die hard supporter here but the entire DucatiGP effort has been crap, even before Stoner left. Again don't gang up on me, If it wasn't For the concessions that allow Ducati to bend the rules this season we wouldn't have even seen the meager results we've had this year. Dovi will drop down the leader board a few spots as the season continues.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Personally I don't see anyone in Moto3 skipping over moto 2 and going straight into GP. I don't think it'd be a smart idea even if someone were to do that.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Crutchlow is staying with Ducati. Miller is almost certain to go to LCR but will have to buy himself out of the MarcVDS deal.
TV deals are up for renegotiation soon and Dorna need an Aussie in the big show.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts