Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I’d give a little update as haven’t for a while. 1400 miles done, as I only get to ride at the weekends, and although the UK winter weather has been pretty kind to me, it has meant I’ve not been able to get out for a couple of weekends since getting the Monster in November.
From the last post, the only thing I’d done to the bike was the R&G Tail Tidy http://www.ducati.org/forums/ducati-monster-821/66892-monster-821-r-g-tail-tidy.html
Ever since I ordered the bike, I had always considered the Racing Termignoni’s. When I picked up the bike there was another one going out of the dealer the same day with some fitted and I was jealous from day one!
I’d been planning on getting some at some point and was lucky enough to find some on this forum from Andru. He was brilliant to deal with and did everything he said he was going to do with timings and postage etc so a big thanks to him. Its greatly appreciated.
Fitted them at the weekend with some assistance from my father in law. In fact, he did most of the work thinking about it, I may have assisted him somehow! We removed the db killers / baffles before fitting and was a pretty straightforward job. It should have been a 5 min job however took slightly longer trying to get the bolt lined up to connect as visibility is a little limited.
If you are doing this as a DIY job yourselves, make sure you don’t miss out on firing her up, with the stock exhaust completely removed. That is a sound that everyone should hear.
The Racing Termi’s with db killers removed are brilliant, it’s a deeper sound than the stock exhaust (which is brilliant anyway) but has more to it. It’s not too much and when idle is completely acceptable. When you give the throttle a blip, it’s immense. Very loud and really barks at you.
The pops that you sometimes get on the overrun / deceleration are amplified and the first time it happened after fitting, sounded like a gun shot underneath you. Someone elsewhere described the baffle removed Termi’s as like ‘riding an explosion’, I’d have to agree.
Taking it to the dealership on Saturday to get the UP Map installed.
If anyone is thinking about investing, I would definitely recommend. From a looks point of view they are brilliant, it adds to the whole Monster experience and enhances it even further. From a safety perspective, people may not see you coming but they will certainly hear you long before that.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks for the update. I was already decided on getting a different exhaust because I just could not justify the price if I can get the same experience for less the price. But this made me want to invest on it again.

Thanks for making my life difficult again :p But Based on youtube videos, termis indead give the best sound. Need to hear it personally though.

Can anyone in this forum who installed other aftermarket brand exhaust share their experience if it's like what Silver Monster shared?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree with Silvermonster on the Termis, they are my favorite mod so far and the sound the bike makes is just Incredible. I wouldn't be able to go back to stock after having the termis on. They look great on the bike but one thing to note is the carbon fiber is a matte finish not gloss like a lot of the aftermarket carbon fiber covers for other parts of the bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.