Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12,892 Posts
Ridiculously expensive is correct. I like the concept but not the price. I was on the short list to pre-order but passed when I finally saw how much it was.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ridiculously expensive is correct. I like the concept but not the price. I was on the short list to pre-order but passed when I finally saw how much it was.
very true, i think that's why they didn't release pricing information before hand. I just figured that by the may I'll have set enough money aside each month or find 5 other people looking to buy with my referral code.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Same here. Way too much for a helmet that won't arrive until next year. The pre orders were filled in the first 2 minutes. I'll wait until the second generation comes out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah.. only thing holding back the buyers remorse right now is the fact that i got a $500 dollar bonus today at work, about 2 hours after my order. I was one of the first 25 adopters so I got it for 1300, meaning in my mind I'm telling myself I only paid 800. common sense tells me that 800 is still ridiculous but I'm lost in denial at the moment.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Skully is on my shit list! I interviewed for a job with them last year, and they didn't make me an offer...primarily because I had to relocate 2000 miles away, which I told them I'm ok with.

I'm not bitter at all :stickpoke.....;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Really like the concept and hope they do well. Problem is that I'm not sure I can endure all of their promotional materials and spam. Signed up for the beta program, heard nothing for months and then as they prepared for launch all of my social media were innundated with marketing.

God speed Skully, looking forward to Gen II and a more compelling price point.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, I agree. Makes me wonder exactly who got to beta test. This whole thing was shrouded in mystery in a way that turned a lot of people off

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Today they announced a financing offer

Dear SKULLY Nation,
We have received many requests for a financing option. We agree that SKULLY should be accessible to as many riders as possible.

In response to your feedback, for the next 18 days we are providing a financing option at checkout on SKULLYSYSTEMS.com. (No credit check necessary).

$499 NOW AND $949 DUE AT SHIP
You can now reserve your SKULLY AR-1 with a $499 deposit, with a second payment of $949 due when your helmet ships.

Helmets reserved via this financing option will ship after all regular pre-orders are shipped. Financing is a limited time offer.

Ride smart with your SKULLY AR-1.

·
Registered
310 Posts
i bet they are making 499 or better on the helmet.

I like the idea but prefer a technology that is independent of the helmet.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Reevu RV~MSX1

Hey SublmnalZ. Very interesting! It's a roll of the dice when blindly buying helmets. I hope it's a winner! Roadtests of the readily available high-end lids are a rarity too. Fairly certain that they mentioned custom liner and pads. I've been researching D.org groups wealth of info heavily for lid selection. Reevu has a traditional alternative with positive reviews. 249
quid ($399), 1880 grams (4.7lbs).

http://www.reevu.com/motorsports/view-the-rv-msx1/

Mandatory: Scanning mirrors like clockwork at all times + the 'Exorcist Twist' = our best defense. Severe cervical stenosis and lacking CSF but Hell no to a 7-level fusion! Neck will innevitably grind to a halt. Thanks for the link! If well executed, I'm into one or t'other. Looking forward to your experience!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
^ I want whatever you're smoking! None of that shit makes any sense whatsoever...what are you on about dude??

Reactions: jwm2k3

·
Registered
310 Posts
plenty of folks I buy stuff online from but nothing local. I know Revzilla has a good return policy but would prefer to check it out locally. Maybe they have some for demo at the AIMExpo in Orlando next month.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts