Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quite a few advised installing sliders as one of first thing to do for a bike. This made sense, so i did it last weekend. The dealer recommended SpeedyMoto. i asked if these will protect the gas tank, which i like the most. He's not so sure. First time i've done this on any bike, and wonder if they were effective? I hope never having to find out how they actually perform.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i dropped my VTR-1000 once, while getting onto the rock pavement on the side of the road. Boom! The tank was messed up, but it's already a few years old so i did not feel as bad. Never got on any rock/sand on side of road again!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm thinking that nothing will really protect the tank. The width to some degree, but mainly the position and construction of the handlebars. But, in a tip over or really slow crash, they seem to be worth it.

I purchased some protective bits, more with the idea of keeping the bike in running condition after a minor incident during a ride, rather than protection from all damage. The water pump and sprocket area seem particularly vulnerable, so I added protection there as well as the typical bumper on the frame.

I hope to never find out if they work.

·
Court Jester
11,600 Posts
I had a simple lay down and the sliders did the job. Even with the under fairing I had just a small scratch on the fairing..

·
Registered
249 Posts
None will protect the tank to be honest. The tank is liable to be damaged by the handlebars in a crash so your best bet is to fit racing stop locks as well.

Reactions: Tchase
1 - 7 of 7 Posts