Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded my trusty 1098 with 29,000 miles for a 1198 with 5,000.
I want to put a pair of termi slip on's on it.
I swapped out the ECU and air filter.
I have a few questions..
Do I need to take off the O2 sensors?
Or the exhaust valve and servo?
I really don't care about extra power, has enough for the street.
Thanks very much!!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Someone correct if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you don't need to remove either. I think the slipons stop reading the O2 sensors so you can plug them if you want.

As for the exhaust servo, if you eliminate it you'll either need to get a plate that mimics the servo, or an eliminator plug that keep the ECU from throwing a code because it will still look for the servo. But the new ECU should keep the servo open. I wouldn't remove it since you're talking about opening the pipe/welding etc. best to wait until you get a full system to replace that pipe entirely.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Someone correct if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you don't need to remove either. I think the slipons stop reading the O2 sensors so you can plug them if you want.

As for the exhaust servo, if you eliminate it you'll either need to get a plate that mimics the servo, or an eliminator plug that keep the ECU from throwing a code because it will still look for the servo. But the new ECU should keep the servo open. I wouldn't remove it since you're talking about opening the pipe/welding etc. best to wait until you get a full system to replace that pipe entirely.
If he is running a DP Slip On ECU. They still use the o2 sensors (99.99% sure). The DP Full Tune removes them that I am sure of. The servo is bypassed with either tune or ecu so he can unplug it and remove it with no cel.

I just did a tune for a 1098 over the weekend. Was the DP Slip On tune. Left o2 sensors in and took out the servo.

-Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts