Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking around and have tried searching. The most ive come up with so far has been they all have their flaws. Which wet slipper is the better one though. EVR, STM, or Yoyodyne? Im looking for something thatll hold up and last while still performing well. Any personal experiences with these and opinions would be appreciated.:popcorn:

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I can't speak for the choices you listed I went with DP one and never a problem in 2 years but If I had to choose from your list I like the STM.

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
I like the Yoyodyne one, which is probably the same as the Ducati performance one.

Stick with the wet clutch, don't do the dry conversion. ;)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i was plannin on keepin it wet. just lookin to throw a slipper clutch in there so i get less ball bustin engine braking on hard down shifts. so one vote for DP and one for Yoyodyne. anybody else care to chyme in with their experience

·
Registered
828 Posts
Not to be a ****, but a search will bring up tons of info. I have an STM wet slipper and very happy with it.

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
ya i was plannin on keepin it wet. just lookin to throw a slipper clutch in there so i get less ball bustin engine braking on hard down shifts. so one vote for DP and one for Yoyodyne. anybody else care to chyme in with their experience
The DP and Yoyodyne are the same pretty much. Both are either made by TSS or Bucci, which are the two Italian clutch manufacturing firms.

Ohh and it own't help on the street much... it only works well on high-speed stuff. This is why people like myself prefer the dry slipper setup because the clutch plates don't like to stick to one another. Once the pack slips, it slips A LOT!

·
Registered
640 Posts
The DP and Yoyodyne are the same pretty much. Both are either made by TSS or Bucci, which are the two Italian clutch manufacturing firms.
TSS is from the Czech Republic [1]. Not sure why you say "the two Italian" as if there are only two slipper clutch manufacturers in Italy anyhow. There are quite a few; EVR, STM, Ducabike, NGR, Surflex and several others.

Yoyodyne imports TSS clutches and sells them under their name. Ducati does the same with Bucci clutches. Ducati has never sold TSS clutches.

[1] Contact / TSS - Technical Sports, s.r.o.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I was looking into Slipper Clutches before I bought my bike and was leaning toward the EVR. I have put 1700 miles on my bike so far and really haven't found a need for one yet. Hopefully a day at the track will help.

As for the nut crunch. I fix my problem with a Superpole Seat. A different cover on the stock seat will make a big difference and is a lot cheaper. I don't remember having a problem with downshifts, as my nuts were always stuck to the tank. I also Blip the throttle on the downshifts in all gears, but 2nd to 1st. This helps to smooth out the downshifts and the Chicks dig the sound.:naughty:

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
TSS is from the Czech Republic [1]. Not sure why you say "the two Italian" as if there are only two slipper clutch manufacturers in Italy anyhow. There are quite a few; EVR, STM, Ducabike, NGR, Surflex and several others.
Huh, I always thought they were Italian, never bothered to look a their contact info! WOOPS! heh ;)

But yea, TSS and Bucci seem to be widely used as the machine shop behind private label components. I know Surflex does some of that private label stuff as well, but EVR, STM, NGR have their own brand and Ducabike IDK about.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I would like to get the STM, but might just go with the EVR. Gonna have to wait and see how much I have to play with after I move into a new house when I get back. Thanks for the info.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts