Ducati.org forum banner

Slipping on ramp is normal?

Tags
ramp
2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  JimmeFZ 
#1 ·
What’s up guys.
Loaded my motorbike for the first time into my truck. Was using a Titan ramp from Amazon. Everything is good until you need to stop while both wheels are on the ramp. It’s like the bike is front wheel heavy; the ramp didn’t have enough traction to hold it in place. It started sliding down. Anyway, had to act quickly and all was good. Same thing on the unload happened. Went to sneak a 👀 at the back tire and then started sliding down.
This normal or should I get a new ramp? I’m going to find a way to make it more abrasive.
The ramp has the oval cut out pattern. It’s sharp, like a cheese grater but the wheel slides on down.

#3 ·
That should definitely not be happening I would trash that ramp. loading/unloading is sketchy enough when everything is working properly don't take the chance, We have all seen the videos. Harbor freight has a really good aluminum one that's 3 feet wide and folds for short money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.