Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, this is my first Ducati - BTW after owning countless Japanese Superbikes ( Racing for 25 years) and I mean countless I don't think I will ever go back - I love this bike

However my starter seem to turn very slow, like; rotate 123 rotate 123 and so on. In the morning when its cold it may take what seems like 4 or 5 rotations before it lights off.

Does this sound normal - I am so used to my JP bikes turning over very quickly...

93 mile on clock.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My first Ducati, too --- and I thought the same thing. It does sound like it turns over slow when starting, compared to a typical Japanese 4-cylinder bike. Suppose it's normal.

And yeah, it takes quite a few rotations. Four or five is typical for mine when cold.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Mine takes a bit to start even after putting so many miles under its belt.. its normal! It will get going though!

·
Registered
547 Posts
A Start up like that while its cold is normal, they don't crank very fast. Once it is up to operating temp, they should fire up within 1- 2 revolutions. my 748 is like that, 2 cylinders take longer to fire up than 4 cylinders. Now if it is really struggling while its turning over then you got a problem.

G

·
I thought the same my last Duke was not like this. Just had the Battery load tested and all is well there. Must just be a model thing. Sometimes when it cuts out and I try to start it in gear it wont even turn over.

·
Registered
2 Posts
william_jourdan said:
Ok, this is my first Ducati - BTW after owning countless Japanese Superbikes ( Racing for 25 years) and I mean countless I don't think I will ever go back - I love this bike

However my starter seem to turn very slow, like; rotate 123 rotate 123 and so on. In the morning when its cold it may take what seems like 4 or 5 rotations before it lights off.

Does this sound normal - I am so used to my JP bikes turning over very quickly...

93 mile on clock.
I've noticed that about all of my Ducs too. Someone on another board once said, "You start all other bikes. With a Ducati, you bring it to life." Sounds about right to me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts