Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was coming to a stop on gravel. Was looking out for potholes and end up hitting the biggest one. Hoping its cosmetic but my shifter is completely bent and maybe left clip on just ever so slightly.

I'm in Omaha and my buddy said take it to Ducati of Omaha but I don't know if they will fix this or if I gotta take it to a body shop. I'm waiting to here from my insurance adjuster.

uploadfromtaptalk1408396311228.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1408396320441.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1408396327754.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1408396334378.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1408396369030.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1408396380045.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1408396388230.jpg

·
Court Jester
11,825 Posts
Gah! I'm sorry at least you are ok.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Glad you are ok...at least i assume you are...Based on my wreck from last week, I have similar damage to some of those parts, my guess is that you are looking at around $6000 depending on how much the charge for shop labor it could be more...keep in mind that is based off my '13 corse, so your parts may be less (hopefully) and more readily available (lots of white on the forums here). And yes, your left clip - on is more than likely broken (mark from ducshop explained they have a tab that breaks easily) yours looks exactly like mine.
The dealership can fix it or you can take it to another shop you trust (I took mine out of state to ducshop since I can't stand and don't trust my dealers shop). Talk with your insurance company to get your claim started, then take it to a shop to get an estimate done...then you have to wait for the adjuster to look at it and come up with an actual cash value for your bike and decide whether they will repair or total it out (which is where I'm at right now...fingers crossed they don't total it!). Number for totalling it depend on your state, but alabama says if it is 75% or less of the actual cash value they have to repair, over that and they total the bike.
Good luck!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I already have the claim started I'm just waiting for him to come out. Im a talk to my dealer tomorrow to see if they will work on it or if they recommend a shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts