Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is an update on my purchase...

I have tentatively bought a 1098 on the condition that my dealer can sell my 749. the 1098 is paid for in full apart from the sale price of the 749. He has just left my house with the 749, Now we wait.....
:conveyer: ARRRRGGGGGG!

Note: should be an easy sell for the 749. There is a racing series here this year called the Ducati Cup, any Ducati 115 hp or less. So the 749 is right in line there.

Will keep you posted
:banghead:

·
Registered
438 Posts
My dealer is also selling my 749R and my new 1098S is due in two weeks, I am becoming worried it will not sell and I cannot get my new bike until the other one sells.
The dealer said that it is early in the season for sportsbike buyers so not to panic !!!!

·
Registered
337 Posts
You guys should have no problem selling those bikes.
I know a number of guys down here that are waiting for a 749 to hit the used market.
What prices are you guys asking?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am asking 13K CDN, my dealer said that would be no problem

·
Registered
328 Posts
Good luck with the sales. I'm sure you will be happy with your 1098(s)

·
Registered
438 Posts
The problem that I have with my 749R is that it has cost £19000 ($38000) to build !!!
It has virtually every part that you can buy fitted and looks stunning but the dealer has it up for £12000 ($24000) which in the uk is 1098 base money.
I want £10800 (£21500) for the bike with the full belt service carried out before sale which is a bargain considering the specification, its just finding the right buyer.
I love this bike so it would not be the end of the worl if it did not sell but I really have my heart set on the 1098S and will be so dissapointed if I have to back out.
The weather is crap in UK at the moment and the dealer says that it is very early in the season for sports bike sales and not to panic or worry, easy for him to say !!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
iang said:
The problem that I have with my 749R is that it has cost £19000 ($38000) to build !!!
It has virtually every part that you can buy fitted and looks stunning !!!
I do understand this, i bought a Yamaha XJR1200SP kenny replica back in ´97.
Also fitted it with too many goodies, which made me keep it year after year. So this year I bought the "1098S". Have decided to keep the XJR as well.
Think you can keep more than 1 bike and ride both, an age gap between the 2 for 10 years helps in paying for it ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts