Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well considering I'm getting my new Corse SE 2013 in April and being new to Ducati, i was wondering what kind of mods you guys do off the bat to enhance your experience?

In general, what do you do?
Exhausts?
Grips?
Levers?
Seat?
Fender eliminator?

for people who would buy the standard 848, what do you do?
Suspension?

for people who would buy the Corse SE, what do you do?
SAG?

Any brands associated with pictures is always welcome!

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
I never touched a thing on my 848 outside of adjusting the preload and damping on the suspension. The bike works good enough for the street out of the box. Wanna talk about tracking it, that is a totally different story.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Get the suspenstion set up for your weight first thing, I can't stress that enough! After that peel off the frame stickers, get a fender eliminator kit, and ride it for a while until you decide what you really need.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get the suspenstion set up for your weight first thing, I can't stress that enough! After that peel off the frame stickers, get a fender eliminator kit, and ride it for a while until you
decide what you really need.
Yea that's what I'm thinking. I was gonna go SAG it when I get.

tweet justin bieber if he wants to go riding later....
You forgot his mentor, Usher!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Get the suspension set for your weight, add gas, ride and ride and ride until you find the limits or something specifically tells you that it needs to be adjusted or upgraded to meet your riding style.

·
Registered
46 Posts
1) Get the suspension set up for your weight.
2) Slap a aftermarket exhaust on it.
3) Add some fork and frame sliders.
4) Ride the piss out of it! :yo:

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
on my corse- rode it about 500 miles home on the first day.

The first week it was home: put frame fork, axle and bar end sliders on it, backed off the preload, installed an oil cooler guard and a rear hugger, then about 3 coats of wax.

Finally (and thankfullyone one occasion) a big heavy cable lock

·
Registered
135 Posts
So, I'm in the same boat... waiting on my corse :(

All this is contingent on what kinda year I have.. I've saved for the system that's about it..

Must:
I like noise so Full system is probably going to be it... at delivery

After 1st Service
If i see some used S forks then maybe.

Shorty Asv's

HID's

Fender Elim

Speedy moto triple

rearsets

$5k payment to DNA reducing the debt :yo:

End of Season Mod:

One of those Bursing stands...

Dry Clutch tik tik tik tik tik

Hope the power doesn't become :zzz:

·
Registered
247 Posts
HID's? They ought to be standard from the factory. The stock headlights are so bad they ought to be listed under a safety recall. I swear my cell phone puts out more light than the stock system does!

·
Registered
61 Posts
If I were buying a new 848 the first thing I would do is make sure to get the extended warranty.
Next, I would schedule 10 track days and ride the hell out of it until the front cylinder rod bearing failed. Then I would use the extended warranty to rebuild it as a 1040.

^This was my proven method this year, you may want to consider other options though...

·
Registered
411 Posts
My first thing to do was to order brand new new style termi kit, red wheel tape, fender eliminator all these were ordered the same time. Since fender eliminator and tape was only 50 bucks. And today I got myself 12 dainese ducati corse gloves :) sick

·
Registered
46 Posts
My first thing to do was to order brand new new style termi kit, red wheel tape, fender eliminator all these were ordered the same time. Since fender eliminator and tape was only 50 bucks. And today I got myself 12 dainese ducati corse gloves :) sick
Which fender eliminator did you buy? I don't really want to pay for the Ducati branded and I am not really sold on the CompetitionWerks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.