Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had most of this for ages, but decided to pull my finger out with the Desmo and put some of it on.

The swing arm covers didn't come pre-drilled so that put the grey matter to try and figure out a way of getting it to all line up. My rather primitive method seemed to work out okay. Looks not too shabby I think sat there against that super expensive MS Production stuff.

Got the new wheels out of their boxes. Discs and sprocket carrier were cleaned up and put on the new rims.

BTW, I used some of the WD-40 bike products for the first time. They're excellent and work very, very well.

Finally pulled the carbon out the box too. Great pre-preg job on the bodywork and with a few details, will match the oem items. It's that good, it interchanges with the original panels. Nice race nose cone too with ram air duct. Hopefully they'll be painted in the next month or so.

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats. Looks great. Wasn't sure about the gold wheels at first but now I think they work well.

Where's the carbon fairing from? Looks like pretty decent quality, especially if it fits with ease.

Chz
Yeah, I like the look.

Carbon I got through a guy on the fourm. I think he got them from a company called 13.8, though not 100% sure.

Fit is great, getting them to fit and stay secure is another thing. Just takes some time and some thinking.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What an incredibly clean looking bike, I think the gold works very well...!
Thanks fella.

Cleaning bikes/cars/houses/golf clubs/boobies - anything that is properly cleaned/polished/greased and looked after is great if you ask me. Call it OCD....

I wasn't really sure about the wheels initially. When I got the pictures from HPS, I thought WOW - they look great...! But another guy on here got a set around the same time as me (how he got them so fast I'll never know as mine took I think 9 months) and although they looked ok, I really thought I should've gone for black. I was begging HPS and Marchesini to finish them in the same colour as the Superleggera, but in the end it was a no-go!! :-(

Now that I have them on, they are fookin stunning. Makes all the shapes of the wheels visible now, whereas the black just hid everything.

As yes, I do need to get it on track. Just need to find a track day when I'm not working...

·
Registered
107 Posts
yup i got mine really fast lol and there for sale swell if anyone wants them about 100kms on them with tires for 3000 usd thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
Carbon swing arm covers

Hi who did you get The swing arm covers from, i been trying
to find someone who makes them for 12 months now. The only guy that has them on there web site is durbahan but he does not answer my e mails.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.