Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! does anybody find the tire pressure odd spec'ed in the SP owners manual 33front 30rear? my bike experience always had more in the back.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi

my owners manual stated 36 back 32 front on Pirellis
just had Michelins fitted 36 front and back ??

best I can do sorry

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey! does anybody find the tire pressure odd spec'ed in the SP owners manual 33front 30rear? my bike experience always had more in the back.
I thought that too. I would normally run the same pressure at both ends. Having said that, I don't have a wealth of experience.

·
Registered
23 Posts
These pressures have been working great for me. I got 7800 km out of my front tire and still have some life on my rear. You can run a little less for track days on the front.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Can't speak to that particular tire but I've always run (per manufacturers) higher front pressures with Bridgestone BT003RS and Pirelli SC. I *think you want higher front pressures for feedback on braking

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
The OEM tire pressures listed in the Ducati Owners Manual are derived from the factory test riders' recommendations for the best balance between mileage and grip. In general, as you lower the rear tire pressure, the tire operating temperature increases — so the grip gets better, but mileage suffers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.