Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started to become comfortable on the 1098 and noticed my entry speeds in corners are higher than my previous sport bike. I knew the speed-o on my old bike was within a few miles per hour of actual speed. So took my GPS and strapped it to the 1098. At 65 mph my error is between 2 and 3 mph off. Not too bad. I’m liking this 1098 more and more all the time. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Thanks for the info. With 1200 miles on mine I have yet to strap on the gps and check the speedo but I figured 'seat of the pants' it was pretty close :)
 
G

·
my entry speeds in corners are higher
me too super fast expecially coming out, I'm rolling the throttle on sooner as I'm finding I'm entering slower than the bike can take although it's faster than ever before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,469 Posts
With GPS your speedo was off 2-3 mph which way, High or low?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ten-6 said:
With GPS your speedo was off 2-3 mph which way, High or low?
The speed-o is 2 to 3 mph on the slow side. When it indicates your going 65 my GPS reads 63 or 62
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
cdarling said:
The speed-o is 2 to 3 mph on the slow side. When it indicates your going 65 my GPS reads 63 or 62
I think that would be off on the high side (optimistic), which most are.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
I wondered about this too. Because when I got pulled over I know I wasnt going as fast as the cop said I was 75 in 65, I was going more like 72-73. I havent had a chance to run with the GPS yet..... waiting to get her back. (bike that is, GPS is fine and works well)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
cronn said:
I wondered about this too. Because when I got pulled over I know I wasnt going as fast as the cop said I was 75 in 65, I was going more like 72-73. I havent had a chance to run with the GPS yet..... waiting to get her back. (bike that is, GPS is fine and works well)

[email protected]#[email protected]#[email protected] They polled you over for going 10 mph over?? Around the VA/MD/DC area, I think they are targeting the sport bike riders.

Did you get a ticket or were they checking out your bike?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
ansman said:
[email protected]#[email protected]#[email protected] They polled you over for going 10 mph over?? Around the VA/MD/DC area, I think they are targeting the sport bike riders.

Did you get a ticket or were they checking out your bike?
He wanted to write me a ticket but since I had just bought the bike Friday and picked it up Sat. Got pulled over Sunday it wasnt in the DMV records yet so it was as if the bike didnt exist yet. He didnt have anything to write me a ticket against or rather he probably had to do massive amounts of paperwork to cover it so he opted not to give me one.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top