Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the steering lock will still work? Any known issues with just using the top clamp? Is it a straight swap with the stock (I'd rather not change the geometry of the bike)?

Found a used one 100 off of the new price considering it..

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Black Horse, first real feedback I've gotten I even forgot to ask about the dampener. It's suppose to arrive next Monday can't wait to get started on it.

What are your thoughts about getting the full triple? It was in my plans down the line.

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it will, the steering stop is on the bottom, not the top clamp. I'm sure you already know this, but replace the top triple is mostly a "bling" factor, just for looks only, which is fine if that's all you're going for.

You sure you don't want a geometry change? You could always buy my Ducshop 30 mm triples ;)
If I were to believe speed's sight there is some adjustment (change) in the ergo of the top trip vs the stock.

Yes I eventually want to go with the full boat, (lower) but I don't want to change too much too fast. The next change will be the forks and rear spring/shock but that will be next winter. I'm still not good enough to have a ton of money dumped into the suspension but I know that's my biggest bang for buck.

I also pick up an adjustable ride height and I doubt I will tinker much at first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.