Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a spare 1098 flywheel to have lightened. the sprag is still inside and I am having problems removing it. I have removed the retaining clip but cannot pull out the sprag. any tips?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are welcome.

While you are at it, also check your sprag spring. Over time it can cause "issues" due to getting to loose.
yup that was the plan. i purchased the bike used in march 2014 with 9k miles and have been fixing it up since. checking the sprag, upgrading the starter wiring and reinforcing the radiator are the last things I need to do before this spring. The used flywheel i received unexpectedly came with the gear and sprag from a lower mileage bike so i want to use whichever one seems less worn and keep the other as a spare.

I read the 1198's came with a different starter gearing ratio which is supposed to help but I'm not sure of all the parts and part numbers I would need. I believe an updated idler pin and side cover are required to go along with it. Maybe a project for next winter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.