Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I test drove a 950 hypermotard yesterday for the first time. I liked it but I felt that I had to slip the clutch at low speed a lot. I once had a ktm 690 duke that I had to do the same on. And to be honest it got a bit tiresome... my question is I I lowered the sprocket on the front or raised it on the back how much would that fix this issue?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
1 tooth on the CSS is worth 4 teeth on the rear sprocket. Changing the rear sprocket gives finer grain changes than changing the CSS. You should work out what change you want then use a gear calculator to determine the options (CSS, rear or both) to achieve what you want.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just have to remember that making it better at low speed will lose some top end and affect fuel use.Ducatis are not made for mundane things like trying to filter through traffic or intersections or any type of low speed,they just do not seem to carburate properly at low speed,or am I missing a trick here?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good call on the clutch dust Kneepuck.

I also went up in rear tooth count to 44 and my tight hairpins and track days on smaller tracks are so much more smoother and more fun.

I don't really need to do 130mph on a straight anyway - I'm enjoying being able to have more fun throwing it around the twisties and track with precision.

phreeb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts