Ducati.org forum banner

Which Sprocket are you using?

• Driven Quick Change (only option with Carrier)?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SuperLITE Standard?

• SuperLite Quick Change (with Carrier)?

• Renthal Standard?

• Renthal (with Carrier)?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Court Jester
12,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not really in need of one but while I'm doing my winter upgrades I've been considering getting new front/rear and chain.

I will be staying with the 525 I will be staying with the stock 15 up front and 39 in the rear.

My questions are
1. What brand (see poll)?
2. Did you stay with the standard or go with Quick Change options?
3. Did you replace the cush drives? If you did stock or the aftermarket option?

Does driven only offer aluminum rear sprocket?

Lastly if I go with a new Carrier it looks like I'm stuck with that brand?

·
Registered
7,320 Posts
My opinion?....just freely given...

Go to a 520 chain and quick change sprocket set-up... I use YoYodyne... also use all TI nuts and bolts including the cush drive assembly, which is pretty dang lite and tricky, while you are at it, replace the motor mount bolts and swing arm pivot spindle with TI replacements, as well as all the other nuts, washers, and bolts,.. remember the old adage, "take care of the ounces, the pounds will take care of themselves".!. besides it is great fun to save as much weight as possible, especially the un-sprung weight...
sorry you did not have my option listed above....so, I guess I am disqualified...

·
Court Jester
12,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
My opinion?....just freely given...

Go to a 520 chain and quick change sprocket set-up... I use YoYodyne... also use all TI nuts and bolts including the cush drive assembly, which is pretty dang lite and tricky, while you are at it, replace the motor mount bolts and swing arm pivot spindle with TI replacements, as well as all the other nuts, washers, and bolts,.. remember the old adage, "take care of the ounces, the pounds will take care of themselves".!. besides it is great fun to save as much weight as possible, especially the un-sprung weight...
sorry you did not have my option listed above....so, I guess I am disqualified...
YoYodyne? Ok how did I miss that brand? Motor mounts were already replaced with the Ti bolts with the exception of the one frame slider...

I don't mind you offering the 520 I know all about it but I'm pretty set on the 525 since this is not a track only bike I'm also a little concerned about longevity on the aluminum sprocket for the rear as my stock with over 24k miles really is fine....

Reactions: 219R

·
Court Jester
12,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Court Jester
12,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My vote is for something more durable if you are concerned with the longevity. Any of the options you've listed made of aluminum will obviously have a shorter life span.
I like the Driven brand but I can't confirm any of the rears are made of steel and they all require a carrier.

What are you using?

·
Registered
555 Posts
The Renthal and AFAM are compatible. I don't know about any of the others in the poll.
Im not giving my opinion here, because ill do whatever it takes to get more motor to the ground. I've only recently even been using o-ring chains

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Well, I don't have it anymore, but I can tell you what I did before selling it.

I went with AFAM quick-change sprocket carrier and their steel sprockets for that carrier. Stuck with 525, and used the same stock cush drives, but also switched to a 14T front sprocket long before that (which was probably the best thing out of all of this). The installation is easy and it's nice to have the quick-change if you plan on going to multiple tracks and want to fiddle with your gear ratios without spending a lot of time in the pits on taking stuff apart. I had 3 rear sprockets for the AFAM, though I ended up never using one of them. Once you have the carrier installed, it's only like 5-6 nuts to replace the sprocket. Takes about 5-7 minutes to replace it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
For front I switch between 14 -15 brands JT - Talon - AFAM

For the rear AEM sprockets and quick change carrier 41-42.

And superlite cushdrives. The AEM titanium ones where a bit to much €.

Not all brands rear quick change set-up are compatible.
Do you have a chain cover too like all the bicycles do over there? :) Fietsen... everywhere!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.