Ducati.org forum banner

181 - 200 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Nothing's for sure yet. But, the shop owner says he expects it to be around the same as the 1198 prices. He said he has a Ducati meeting to attend in about another two weeks , where he will get to sit on one and learn more about the bike. He says he'll let me know the details when he returns.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Buy 1198 SP high now, or wait for 2012? I don't know what do?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I say wait it out. In a couple of months , we'll have legit pictures of the bike , then decide. Sure the 1198 SP is sweet. But , if the 1199 is just retarded-awesome , you'll regret not waiting. I know what you're going through. I'm going to be driving my 2010 Camaro to Biketoberfest in Daytona , because I'm waiting for the 1199. It's just a little longer. Hopefully , it will be VERY worth it !

·
Registered
51 Posts
:D Remake like old movie & songs:wtf:
Remakes like Desmodronico:D

Fully controlled valve movement was thought of in the earliest days of engine development, but devising a system that worked reliably and was not overly complex took a long time. Desmodromic valve systems are first mentioned in patents in 1896 by Gustav Mees, and in 1907 the Ariès is described as having a V4 engine with "desmodromique" valve actuation, but details are scarce. The 1914 Grand Prix Delage used a desmodromic valve system (quite unlike the present day Ducati system).[3]
Azzariti, a short lived Italian manufacturer from 1933 to 1934, produced 173 cc (173 ml) and 348 cc twin cylinder engines, some of which had desmodromic valve gear, with the valve being closed by a separate camshaft.[4]
The Mercedes-Benz W196 Formula One racing car of 1954-55, and the Mercedes-Benz 300SLR sports racing car of 1955 both had desmodromic valve actuation.
In 1956, Fabio Taglioni, a Ducati engineer, developed a desmodromic valve system for the Ducati 125 Grand Prix, creating the Ducati 125 Desmo.
He was quoted to say…
The specific purpose of the desmodromic system is to force the valves to comply with the timing diagram as consistently as possible. In this way, any lost energy is negligible, the performance curves are more uniform and dependability is better.
The engineers that came after him continued that development, and Ducati holds a number of patents relating to desmodromics. Desmodromic valve actuation has been applied to top-of-the-range production Ducati motorcycles since 1968, with the introduction of the "widecase" Mark 3 single cylinders.

http://www.msrphotographic.co.uk/html/photo_page_471.html

Attachments

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Interesting: Ohlins FGR forks, no lights, no number plate holder or rear hugger, and looks like track fairings........prototype or WSBK factory racer??

Jdw

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Damn!..... Another 50K!! I am going to have to start selling my body parts, anybody need a kidney? Testicle?

Bob

181 - 200 of 334 Posts