Ducati.org forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weather was just too nice and I was heading to the beach. Slow pace.. Just thought I'd share for all those people still stuck in the snow :stickpoke.
Motorcycle racer Vehicle Road racing Motorcycling Motorcycle
Happy Good Friday Everyone!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Heading to the beach....must be nice...closest beach to me is like 1000 miles away :(

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
WOW that's very silly and really paints a bad picture for riding safety. Heck I never go on fun rides without my full track gear. I just wear shorts and a t shirt underneath and when I get to my destination, strip the suit off and throw it in my backpack. Safety is always priority, especially on one of the most dangerous canyon road during a holiday! EEK!!!! :(

Edit: I still have no idea how anyone can ride a motorcycle with sneakers or sandals.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heading to the beach....must be nice...closest beach to me is like 1000 miles away :(
It is a treat.. I live about 10 mins from the beach; Just up Topanga Canyon. The weather has been almost perfect. Just a tiny bit warmer and less wind and it would be ideal.

Hey man, you got a couch to crash on if you ever head this way.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW that's very silly and really paints a bad picture for riding safety. Heck I never go on fun rides without my full track gear. I just wear shorts and a t shirt underneath and when I get to my destination, strip the suit off and throw it in my backpack. Safety is always priority, especially on one of the most dangerous canyon road during a holiday! EEK!!!! :(

Edit: I still have no idea how anyone can ride a motorcycle with sneakers or sandals.

Oh buck up Tye! I was like in 3rd gear putting around corners.

I would never wear sandals but I don't always wear boots either. And I don't do this often, I was just having a real bad day and felt like just getting outdoors and enjoying the weather and freedom.:violin:

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
FREEDOM is very good.

This is what I do for freedom! :)

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
Nothing better than riding a Ducati on a nice afternoon!!!.. Good for you!!!

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
It is a treat.. I live about 10 mins from the beach; Just up Topanga Canyon. The weather has been almost perfect. Just a tiny bit warmer and less wind and it would be ideal.

Hey man, you got a couch to crash on if you ever head this way.
I got a buddy in West Hills near you. Very nice place and the canyon's right there. Had lunch at The Rock Store this time last year with him and a couple other forum members.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got a buddy in West Hills near you. Very nice place and the canyon's right there. Had lunch at The Rock Store this time last year with him and a couple other forum members.
Nice. Yup, I grew up in West Hills. It's very close to where I still live. I pass by the Rock Store almost every weekend on my way to the beach. It's the long way to the beach, but the roads are really fun.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I gotta go with tye on this one. Dress for the crash, not the ride.
Lol I get it. It isn't advisable and terribly, horribly bad to ride without gear. I was just in a kind of mood that for that time, I really just wanted to take it slow and just enjoy being on my bike. It isn't something that I normally do.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I really just wanted to take it slow and just enjoy being on my bike. It isn't something that I normally do.
Sure and it's awesome to feel the wind on your body, I get it. Harley guys get it as well, but hey the hospital is full of those guys, giving ALL motorcycle riders bad names. It's one thing to do something bad behind closed doors, it's another to make an all-new thread and gloat. If you had been hit by the STI drifting around corners coming the other direction (not part of the game plan I know) then you'd be just like the Harley guy. Giving motorcyclists a bad name, which kinda sucks.

I guess my obsession is that gear just saved a prominent So Cal Ducati club member on that very road. He was hit head head on by someone going over the double solid yellow and had he not been waring his gear, he'd be dead. He's in rough shape, may never ride again, but at least he's living and did everything to protect himself possible.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sure and it's awesome to feel the wind on your body, I get it. Harley guys get it as well, but hey the hospital is full of those guys, giving ALL motorcycle riders bad names. It's one thing to do something bad behind closed doors, it's another to make an all-new thread and gloat. If you had been hit by the STI drifting around corners coming the other direction (not part of the game plan I know) then you'd be just like the Harley guy. Giving motorcyclists a bad name, which kinda sucks.

I guess my obsession is that gear just saved a prominent So Cal Ducati club member on that very road. He was hit head head on by someone going over the double solid yellow and had he not been waring his gear, he'd be dead. He's in rough shape, may never ride again, but at least he's living and did everything to protect himself possible.
Judgy McJurdgerson. I guess I give all motorcyclists a bad name :jerkoff: I'm assuming that you think it's not as bad as giving ppl bad tech advice which could cause a full on failure while they're riding fully geared up:blind:

·
Registered
20 Posts
So your wearing a helmet... That's good. Lol No other gear, riding in the canyon (the snake!!!) of all places and your prob not going slow right??? Do you know how often people crash on that road? Check the YouTube channel. Not saying your going to crash but the people around you might.

Why the f*** are you bragging about this?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So your wearing a helmet... That's good. Lol No other gear, riding in the canyon (the snake!!!) of all places and your prob not going slow right??? Do you know how often people crash on that road? Check the YouTube channel. Not saying your going to crash but the people around you might.

Why the f*** are you bragging about this?
Dude, going slow would be an understatement lol not only was I going slow, I was to the right of the lane so if anyone needed to pass me, they could do it without me even interfering with their line.

BTW you don't have to tell me about the snake, I've been riding that canyon for probably 10+ years and I'm usually there every single fucken weekend. No one is bragging about anything, I had a fun day. Get off your fucking high horse dude.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That shot looks identical to your avatar picture. Pretty funny and coincidental.
LOL same exact spot, same photographer. They're there every weekend. That's the morning spot, and the PM spot is the one at the top of the snake that you see all the time on RockStorePhotos.com. Nobody ever looks at the AM pics lol the lefty on the top of the snake is usually the money shot

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
Dude, going slow would be an understatement lol not only was I going slow, I was to the right of the lane so if anyone needed to pass me, they could do it without me even interfering with their line.

BTW you don't have to tell me about the snake, I've been riding that canyon for probably 10+ years and I'm usually there every single fucken weekend. No one is bragging about anything, I had a fun day. Get off your fucking high horse dude.

Must be "mini tooned".... or at least wired the same!!!... just amazed @ the reaction.....

Although I always wear a helmet and gloves, I do like wearing running shoes when I ride on the road. (and I have been know to just wear a shirt!)... hope I didn't give anyone a bad name!!!......just sayin.....

·
Registered
12,933 Posts

No worries Steve. You know what they say about doing something once......screw 150 chicks and you're a man....have sex with ONE goat and you're a goat fucker!!

When I was in town last year we did the road out to the coast and it was very nostalgic for me. My first motorcycle trip down to California from waaaaaay up north back in early 90's was to ride that very road out to the coast. We stopped at a little gas station to repair a tire on a buddies CB550 and encountered, Sly Stallone, Christy Brinkley, Bon Jovi and Sam Kineson (2mo before he was killed) so it was an awesome trip!!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.