Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 ST3 with 64K miles. In the last 4 months it started to bog down and misfire when warmed up and I twist the throttle around 4K rpm. When it is really bad, sometimes the bike just dies as soon as I put it in gear. It is like it is not getting enough fuel. If I rev the throttle in neutral it revs just fine. I have taken it to my local Ducati shop and so far they have replaced the wiring to the fuel pump at the tank, the fuel pump, fuel filter, and the fuel pump relay. I have tried riding with the gas cap slightly open and it still exhibits the same behavior. I am hoping somebody has seen and hopefully fixed this issue and can shed some insight as to what I can do next.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Phil when it left the shop it had to be running good especially after leaving the Ducati shop.I'm sure the Tech. test rode it like they should to make sure it was top notch.Did this happen after a while cause it kinda confusing after spending that much money it got sick.This bike needs to be put on a computer cause to me it's sound's electrical,ECU cmes to mind but like i said a computer should help.Bring it to fresno,Wilsons,ask for Robert Ward,the best Tech. on the west coast also the nicest.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
jet057. Thanks for the response. It rides perfect unless it gets warm (ambient temperature outside), so the tech's test ride I am sure was good. When it is cool I can sometimes go for 60 miles without an issue. Unfortunately it is not throwing any ECU codes. The techs have had the Mathis tester hooked up to it and have ridden it many miles. The problem is, it exhibits the behavior only on the road and under load (and when it gets warm I think). They have witnessed the problem first hand. The shop has been really patient (they had it for a month last time). I am taking it in again this Saturday. I will keep all updated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.