Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike was serviced but did not get a fuel filter replaced. It stalls at low rpm and surges and idles poorly like it is running out of gas after it is warmed up and I'm at a low rpm. Dealer has it for a month now because they are so busy. I'm hoping it's just a fuel filter. But they must check it out when it's "my" turn. Thank God I have other bikes to ride....pisses me off.

·
Registered
542 Posts
so it doesn't do it when its cold and has just been started right?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
It maybe a fuel filter, but it could also be a few other things like spark plugs, throttle body air screws and base throttle body idle control.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for this info on my quandary. I'm pissed because they charged me for the bench tuning and test ride, why did they not test ride it up to normal operating temperature? It's finally on the lift now, 5 weeks after I took it back. We shall see very soon!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My bike is done and ready to be picked up! After 5 weeks and me getting pissed off they finally worked on it. It was a vertical cylinder coil. Electronic shit I guess that acts up only at hot temp at low rpm. They bench tested it three times and test drove it so they are sure it's right now.

315 dollars later, I can finally ride it this season.
:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts