Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 297 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else encountering constant stalling? Mine stalls at least once a day, no matter what the engine temp or weather condition. :bash:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Mine stalled twice the second day I had it out. Both times at stop lights while it was idling normally at about 1350. It didn't stumble and die, just died instantly like you turned the key. It started right back up both times...and it hasn't happened since (knock wood!).

·
Registered
188 Posts
The 1098S I test rode a couple of weeks ago stalled. Same way as Viking stated, it stalled as I stopped and bike was idling.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Hmmm... I don't understand why the bike would stall just out of the blue.

Jason

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also took a 1098S out on a test ride last week and it stalled twice. I just assumed it was my fault, not being used to it.

Strange...

JB

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Is this something that happens with all Ducati's? Seem like a remember ready about a 749 that had the same sorta issues sometime back.

Jason

·
Registered
188 Posts
JB, where did you get your test ride from? It maybe the same bike I test rode.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Boduc,

I rode the 1098S at Pro Italia. I thought it might be the same bike that you rode. I figured I just screwed up the clutch or something. The second time it stalled, I know I had the clutch pulled in about to stop at a light. I was rolling down from 10 mph, 5 mph, then just before I stopped, it cut out completely. That time I knew it wasn't my fault.

JB

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yup, the same bike..ha..haa. I was done with my test ride, put it on neutral, released the clutch and as was backing it into the curb, that was when the engine quit.
JB, did I talk to you that weekend, are you no 21?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Boduc - That's funny. Am I #21 on the list? No. I am #12. I may have talked to you up there at the preview weekend if you were there. I still think it is a phenomenal bike.

JB

·
Registered
83 Posts
This doesn't sound good!

I test rode P&H's demo bike here in Sussex a couple of month's back and I had it cut out on me too.....

·
Registered
188 Posts
JB, cool, I wish I was # 12. I am # 20. The # 21 guy I talked to, test rode it on Sat March 3rd and he told me he had the engine cut out twice on him. That was why I thought he was you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I wonder if it is a mapping issue?

I am sure it will be sorted out though.

I seems to happen on the bikes with the slipons mostly though huh?

·
Registered
1 Posts
1098 Stalling issues

I too have had my 1098S for over a week now and it has stalled every day I've rode it. It also died on Mulholland Dr with only 31 miles on it due to a pinched fuel line. They say it came like that from the factory! I had to park it, catch a cab home, and go pick it up!!! Taking it to Willow next week - no red lights there so it shouldn't stall...:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
If it's slip on related, then most likley it has to do with the kits ECU (fuel mapping). The factory TPS setting may be too "little" and it's causing the bike to go into a fail safe - cut out mode. Just the sort of glitch that could happen here and there but not all the time. It could also be something to do with the timing/spark map, and an ignition glitch.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a little more then 400 miles on mine, no stalls. I have been riding twisties, highway and a bit of traffic. Maybe it's the the full termi, my idling rpm is a bit higher because of the termi system. 1450

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm getting the injectors resynched in the morning...will report back after!

1 - 20 of 297 Posts