Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be dropping my engine out of my 05 S2R 800 and I'm wondering what kind of stands I should be getting for this project ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I use an abbastand on my S4, easy to use but on the s4 you have to move the rear brake master cylinder out of the way to use it, simple enough, just a nuisance. Not sure if it will fit your bike but their website would tell you I guess.

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
four cam buckle straps and two beams in the ceiling of your garage. I've built 3 monsters ground up this way and you don't have to futz with a stand getting in the way while you work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha I think the straps to the ceiling is going to be my best option, I will look into that abbastand as well. Thanks guys !

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
two up front on the bars close to the tripple, two towards the rear of the frame. you can actually lift without help if you put the buckle side down towards the bike- as you pull up on the slack on each strap you lift the bike. Just make sure you break the axle nuts loose before you lift it if you plan on taking the wheels off for anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts