Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starlane Stealth GPS-2 lap timer. These were $450 new. Works just as good as ever, no issues with it at all. Has velcro on the back for easy attachment and detachment.

$225 shipped.

Attachments

·
Registered
581 Posts
Also interested in that information.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, pretty much plug and play as long as you have the connector that fits to that. It's one of those waterproof ones commonly used on Ducatis and probably other bikes. This one is a 2 prong if I remember well. I made my own. Just bought a connector which was like $2 or something like that and wired it with some wire I had laying around to the battery. I'd throw that connector in with it, but I really don't want to take off the fairings and the battery to disconnect it because the bike is on the trailer now and all strapped in.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can try to search online for the part number for that connector...I may actually have a spare, because I think I bought 2 of them at the time.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yea let me know, this sounds vaguely familiar to the story of the guy on Ebay. Basically was going to buy his but he didn't have the actual connector that hooks up to the bike. For whatever reason, parts for the Starlane in the US are hard to come by.

Let me know what you find out, I'd like to buy it but only if its complete.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea let me know, this sounds vaguely familiar to the story of the guy on Ebay. Basically was going to buy his but he didn't have the actual connector that hooks up to the bike. For whatever reason, parts for the Starlane in the US are hard to come by.

Let me know what you find out, I'd like to buy it but only if its complete.

Thanks!
Ok, I'll look into it today or tomorrow when I get some time. But it is complete, this is how it comes from the factory as far as I know, and you have to make sure that you have the connection to plug it in, since this is a universal model that can be used for anything. I even lend it to a friend of mine who used it in his BMW 135i for a track day and I made him an adapter so he could plug it into a standard 12V socket that all cars have.

Before I bought this one, a guy I know who also had the same unit told me that all 848/1098/1198s come with that connection from the factory and it's located somewhere behind the dash....it turned out he was full of shit, so that's why I had to go online and find the right connector and made my own adapter.

·
Registered
'12 848evo, '13 Hypermotard SP, '94 CBR600f2 track bike, '06 CBR600rr track bike
909 Posts
this is not the one that plugs into to Ducati plug on the steering neck ?

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure what you're talking about cbr....you got a picture of that?

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good news!

I not only found the spare connector I had, I actually already had it wired for when I had my CBR track bike so that I had a connector on each bike in order to not have to keep switching them out depending on which bike I was riding, but when I sold the CBR I took the adapter off.

You can see in one of the picture the connector that the lap timer comes with and the male counterpart that it plugs into (the yellow one). That's the one I had to buy and I just spliced it to a standard connector that battery tenders use, and I know for sure that all these bikes come with one from the factory (should be on the left side tucked behind the fairing just below the tank). I used audio wire, because that's all I had then....if you don't like it you can always re-do it with whatever wire you want. Or you can wire it directly to your battery, but I thought I might as well make use of the battery tender connector.

Attachments

·
Registered
'12 848evo, '13 Hypermotard SP, '94 CBR600f2 track bike, '06 CBR600rr track bike
909 Posts
ok looked it up, this isn't it. They make one the plugs in to the Ducati superbikes, it's a gps receiver that works with the dash lap timer. You trigger it on the left switch to give it a set point then it triggers automatically.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok looked it up, this isn't it. They make one the plugs in to the Ducati superbikes, it's a gps receiver that works with the dash lap timer. You trigger it on the left switch to give it a set point then it triggers automatically.
Oh yeah, I've seen those before, I know what you're talking about now. I don't like to mess with pushing buttons on the go. And being a sucker for random data (engineer :eek:), I want to have something that gives me more than lap times. The software that comes with this (downloadable from Starlane's site) lets you load whatever track you want via computer, and select a 3 intermediate points, and it will give you the theoretical best time for each session. On top of that you can get a bunch of other stuff like top speed, your speed any any point on the track, the areas that you're accelerating and areas that you're braking, you can look up your path and compare multiple laps, and also lets you sync the map/lap times with videos (though I'll admit, that feature as not as user friendly as it could be). Here's an example of that I was messing around with:

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No more interest??

·
Registered
438 Posts
nice vid Rub, everybody else was on 600's huh? naw you look good 1 day when I get out and get some track time I hope to be as smooth, if not smoother:D

And I like how you caught up with the hefty bag with red embroidery and passed him. Was he on a red 848?

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nice vid Rub, everybody else was on 600's huh? naw you look good 1 day when I get out and get some track time I hope to be as smooth, if not smoother:D

And I like how you caught up with the hefty bag with red embroidery and passed him. Was he on a red 848?
Which one? The guy at 9:05? If so, then probably an 848 but not sure. That was 2 years ago...I was slow then, and not very smooth. I'm still not smooth, but at least I'm a bit faster :eek:

Nobody wants to buy my lap timer still?? Come on people!! I'm going racing...need money! Think of it as a sponsorship and you get a "free" lap timer in return :p

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bump...guess T4 lost interest after I posted the pictures.

·
Registered
120 Posts
bump...guess T4 lost interest after I posted the pictures.
Sorry Rub, haven't lost interest but my trackday came and gone and now other priorities have bumped the purchase... you know how that goes. Trying to get one in this month but it isn't looking too good.

Pics look good, will look into it more. Was pursuing the track link for a while ($2k project) but that also fell through.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts