Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Engine slow to start this A.M. Got to work, hit kill button, engine stopped but starter was turning. Turned off key, but starter continued to run. Turned on key and bike started. Turn key off and engine stops but starter continues to run. Disconnected battery to deactivate. Any info on this problem?

·
Vendor
10 Posts
Engine slow to start this A.M. Got to work, hit kill button, engine stopped but starter was turning. Turned off key, but starter continued to run. Turned on key and bike started. Turn key off and engine stops but starter continues to run. Disconnected battery to deactivate. Any info on this problem?
Are you still monitoring this thread you started?

If so I will reply with the info you need but do not want to type it all out if you have already gotten things sorted.
----
The best social distancing is riding your motorcycle!

Ride Safe & Stay Safe!
----
Thanks,

M./

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you still monitoring this thread you started?

If so I will reply with the info you need but do not want to type it all out if you have already gotten things sorted.
----

Ride Safe & Stay Safe!
----
Thanks,

M./
Yes. Still a problem. Local dealer mechanic new and unfamiliar with models more than 10 years old. Had never heard of this before.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you been to the Multistrada.net site? If anyone can help you it's there. I've never heard of that happening, But, since the ecu controls the starter, I would check that first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you been to the Multistrada.net site? If anyone can help you it's there. I've never heard of that happening, But, since the ecu controls the starter, I would check that first.
Thanks, I'll check it out.

·
Vendor
10 Posts
It's the failure I refer to as the "fused solenoid syndrome".

You will need a new solenoid. I will elaborate later tonight in a subsequent post but am short of time right now.
----

Ride Safe & Stay Safe!
----
Thanks,

M./

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's the failure I refer to as the "fused solenoid syndrome".

You will need a new solenoid. I will elaborate later tonight in a subsequent post but am short of time right now.
----

Ride Safe & Stay Safe!
----
Thanks,

M./
Thanks M./

1 - 7 of 7 Posts