Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions to remove the flange from the flywheel. I can't get it to turn let alone come out. Thanks

·
Registered
450 Posts
I’ve done this several times, I believe there’s a video on YouTube by a British Ducati technician, he walks you straight through the entire process. I forget how I did it exactly, but I think it involves screwing bolts in the reverse side to force it out.

Just search 1098 Sprag clutch on YouTube and you’ll find the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I watched the and tried using the "drift tool" which is basically banging on a nail or hinge removal tool to get the flange to turn. The issue I'm having is getting the flange to turn, so I haven't gotten to the step where I would then use the (2) 6mm bolts to press it out. The video doesn't demonstrate that process which is why I posted here. I clearly doing something wrong, so I was hoping to get suggestions on techniques to help with that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Download the manual. It is real simple. Thread a couple of the bolts partly in from the other side and tap the sprag out. The manual describes how to do it better than I can.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Download the manual. It is real simple. Thread a couple of the bolts partly in from the other side and tap the sprag out. The manual describes how to do it better than I can.
Thanks! Any thoughts on going aftermarket "heavy duty" vs. OEM?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I used an after
Has there been any update on the aftermarket sprag?anyone use one? Thoughts?
I purchased an aftermarket starter sprag from Croatia I think it was. Got it about 10 months ago and so far all good, no dramas what so ever. I wouldnt go Chinese made crap though!!

·
Registered
Streetfighter 1098
5 Posts
I went with oem for my past Monster 1000 Sie and it worked perfectly. I Did not want to risk anything going wrong or being off after doing all the work to get at it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts