Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped my duc a few months ago. I have decided to sell it but I haven't fixed the clutch yet. Is there a way to by pass it so I can run it for the potential buyers? Or do I need to suck it up and fix it?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Are you talking clutch lever or clutch pack?

I think you most likely will need to fix it.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
All you really need is the linkage to shift it into neutral. Leave the engine off and it should change gears for you even with the clutch engaged. Once in neutral it should fire right up.

Another option is a rear stand. If it's stuck in gear you just need to pull the lever in to allow it to start.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hey everybody, ninja chick is back!!!
If memory serves, your clutch drum was tattered by a fall that left you with a mess of broken springs and posts.
If you can manage to get the bent clutch cover off and get all the loose springs and stuff out of there, you'll likely be able to use the clutch lever. By looking at the pics you posted back in the day, ill wager you can get your pretty little 748 going again by just replacing the clutch drum and the damaged springs. How much do you want for your 748? Have you been able to bring yourself back to riding yet?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Dropped my duc a few months ago. I have decided to sell it but I haven't fixed the clutch yet. Is there a way to by pass it so I can run it for the potential buyers? Or do I need to suck it up and fix it?
I would bite the bullet and make the repair .. just my $0.02

·
Registered
555 Posts
Can someone walk me through fixing this? I have the clutch cover off and all the spring debris out but I'm a rad stuck.
Well, it gets a little crappy here. First, remove the spring retainer caps on the remaining posts. Then pull the pressure plate off. It is the plate the springs push on. With the plate will usually come the clutch rod thatruns through the transmission shaft.

·
Registered
555 Posts
After thats done, the clutch drum nut will be exposed
This gots to come off. (The crappy part) Once you have that bigass, super tight nut off, you can pull the drum, complete with the clutch pack, off of the transmission shaft. Then you can separate the damaged clutch drum from the backing plate. Post up or pm me with any questions. Or when you are to this point

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.