Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Just registered to the forum but I have had my white 821 since last August. I've been watching YouTube vids on tank slappers, speed wobbles and head shake. Has anyone experienced these? Or has anyone installed a damper? I'd really like to know what the best options are and also costs.

Thanks!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes, I experienced them so I installed the steering dampers. You might have also watched my video. :)

I did a long trip on it with a mix of high speed highway burst and it was really stable. Also aggressive corner exits giving too much throttle and no wiggle on the front.

I highly recommend this especially for safety.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Some Good Ideas For You

Like everything else in the bike world, there will be hundreds of opinions and advice to you on steering dampers just like there is on tires, oil, etc ya know?

Ive used everything from Low End Ohlins, High End Ohlins, Scotts, and when i replaced the low End Ohlins on my Tricolore with this one - it was as if every other one Ive tried went down the toilet! lol

Bitubo has an awesome rep and works outstanding on every Ducati - so here is the link to them.

BellissiMoto – Bitubo Steering Dampers

In case you'd like to look at some others in different shapes and colors, and prices of course! Here is the main page on them from Bellissimoto!

BellissiMoto - Steering Damper Index

You will obtain a 10% forum member discount from them and if you'd like more of one, and perhaps some other parts & accessories hit me up via PM since I was once working with them on & off as seen in this link (Me on far right, Lyle in middle and Randy on far left at a FL Bike Show!)
**OH- and my Service Dog Russell at bottom right of front wheel who is hard to see. :D

Shipping and other Info

·
Registered
63 Posts
I researched damper options last year and there was not much out there for the 821 monster. I ended up getting the Ducabike mount kit and an Ohlins damper. Wanted to get a Scotts or scotts type damper but no kits were available and I called Scotts and they were not interested in making a kit... ever. For street use, the Ducabike kit will be fine i guess. Plan on spending 400-600$

·
Registered
5 Posts
Like everything else in the bike world, there will be hundreds of opinions and advice to you on steering dampers just like there is on tires, oil, etc ya know?

Ive used everything from Low End Ohlins, High End Ohlins, Scotts, and when i replaced the low End Ohlins on my Tricolore with this one - it was as if every other one Ive tried went down the toilet! lol

Bitubo has an awesome rep and works outstanding on every Ducati - so here is the link to them.

BellissiMoto – Bitubo Steering Dampers

In case you'd like to look at some others in different shapes and colors, and prices of course! Here is the main page on them from Bellissimoto!

BellissiMoto - Steering Damper Index

You will obtain a 10% forum member discount from them and if you'd like more of one, and perhaps some other parts & accessories hit me up via PM since I was once working with them on & off as seen in this link (Me on far right, Lyle in middle and Randy on far left at a FL Bike Show!)
**OH- and my Service Dog Russell at bottom right of front wheel who is hard to see. :D

Shipping and other Info
Hi Gunny. Im sending you a PM.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I m eyeing at Matris steering damper (R model) which I noticed it has more sleek n flush design rather than others using Ohlins dampers. Also I noticed, there's a bit of wiggle/freeplay on the bracket + Ohlins.
Matris also has something like auto speed adjusted damper.

Any thoughts?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.