Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's the stock damper on the standard model? I've had non-adjustable dampers before but they had a variable resistance based upon how fast the steering was turned from side to side. If you jerked the front to the left or right quickly, there was more resistance. Just curious if these were like that or if I should upgrade to the adjustable Ohlins....thanks.

G

·
Stock seems fine to me. I had arrow fully adjustable on my monster which needed it more as the front was very light. This seems to be adequate for the job at hand (I'm not racing but tend to ride a tad on the hard side) Suspension need work at the moment standard set up is crappy. I started a thread in tech to try and get setting feed back.

G

·
I had planed to up grade but so far there seems to be no need it works fine for hard to med. street riding. the front end is light all the time(from throttle input) but with no head shake or high speed problems :D very fun bike to ride! O and yes it is variable resistance you cant tell its working

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bill -

Great to hear and that's exactly the info I needed. Keep the shiny side up!

·
Registered
74 Posts
dp1098 said:
How's the stock damper on the standard model? I've had non-adjustable dampers before but they had a variable resistance based upon how fast the steering was turned from side to side. If you jerked the front to the left or right quickly, there was more resistance. Just curious if these were like that or if I should upgrade to the adjustable Ohlins....thanks.
They are garbage IMHO, I seem to get head shake coming out of corners not so fast, I understand that the front end is not setup for me, but still, might be ok for street riding but def not for track, and the suspension needs some work.

·
Banned
10,384 Posts
mrhonest said:
They are garbage IMHO, I seem to get head shake coming out of corners not so fast, I understand that the front end is not setup for me, but still, might be ok for street riding but def not for track, and the suspension needs some work.

Sounds like you need to look at your suspension set up more than the damper that's on the bike,IMO the standard damper works fine looks cheap and shitty but works fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
IMO, the stock damper is worthless.....compared to a fully adjustable Ohlins or Scotts..I have encountered some pretty major head shake on very hard acceleration on bumpy or uneven roads..If you are just cruising around town the stock damper or no damper at all will do you fine. If you are taking your bike to the track or plan on doing some serious riding, It is the first thing on the bike i would change..In fact, it was the first thing I changed....right after I replaced the stock exhaust.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts