Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone offer any advice please!!

Over the last couple of days, the throttle of my 2012 848 Evo corse se has become difficult to twist and it's also become "gritty" , can anyone suggest what it could be and how to fix it??

Thanks in advance

Lee

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
I'll second that. Removing the cables is easiest at the throttle end, and will involve taking the twistgrip in half.

A bit of cleaning and lubing there as well and you should be good. (Make sure the cables follow the best route through the brake parts as they leave the handlebar).

Unless the bike has fallen over and bent the handlebar or something..

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm having the sticky throttle problem after changing the clip ons on my 848 out to heli bars. Checked cables and they are in no bind. Not sure if the cables actually need lubing or if something else is wrong. Do they actually have a care kit? If so where do I get one? If not what kind of grease do I use? I looked at the manual to see what it says about it but I must have overlooked it, I couldn't anything else but " lube here"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.