Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Genuine STM red billet aluminum clutch slave cylinder. 30mm unit will help reduce clutch pull / effort by 25%. Eliminates the dreaded “Ducati-wrist” syndrome caused by the infamously heavy Ducati dry clutch. This is a MUST have mod for any Duc owner. If you’ve never felt an aftermarket clutch slave cylinder, you owe it to yourself and your wrist! Unit is brand new, never used. Will work on all Duc’s. Purchased two, one for myself, and for a friend, but he recently sold his Duc and no longer needs this part. Original price with shipping was $210.00

FS: $185.00 – w/ FREE USPS priority 2-3 day shipping within the Conti-USA.

I accept PayPal, USPS Money Orders and cash for local pick up. With that being said, the parts are located in Norwalk, CT.

If you're local, I can install, and bleed the unit on your bike for a small nominal fee.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In response to recent pricing info, and to be "competitive" within the current market, I've reduced the price to $175. FREE shipping still included!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As in are aftermarket clutch slave cylinders available in Europe? Yes they are. In fact the brand I usually order, MPL is based out of Germany.

If you're refering to whether or not I will ship to Europe, the answer is no. The price point I have set it at is for sale within the US. If I were to ship it to Europe, it would cost more and quite honestly you could most definately get it cheaper if you ordered it locally.

·
Registered
23 Posts
DucatiGuy you said Priority right? They ship to APO correct? I am in Iraq and the only type of mail I can get is Priority.... Is it still for sale? This is for the 1098 correct? Any line on a set of levers, controls windscreen? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To be quite honest, I've never shipped to an APO address, and from what I've seen on other sites, they usually charge more for an APO shipment. I don't know why, but I'll find out and let you know. As for whether or not I have other parts for sale, I don't. The few items I had up for sale were items a friend of mine picked up for his triple nine, but he ended up selling his bike, and no longer needs the items at this time. He's actually saving up for the 1098, so he needs $$$. Last but not least, this clutch slave will work on all Ducati's, including the 1098.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Six messages, four "I'll take it" requests, two ship to address, yet ZERO payment - Item is still available.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's an image of the MPL slave unit on my triple nine...

As you can see it's located right along side the sprocket cover, above the gear selector (left side rearset). The location of the slave unit is the same on all late model Duc's.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's a pic of the slave unit on my girlfriends Monster 620. It is also an MPL unit, but with a Norton Performance logo.

She LOVES it!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Whether or not you purchase the STM I have for sale, here’s what you should know about aftermarket clutch slave cylinders and why you shouldn’t be riding without one!

25-30% reduction in clutch effort vs the OEM unit.

Eliminates the infamous “Ducati-Wrist-Syndrome” that occurs in stop and go traffic with the OEM slave unit.

Ride longer with less fatigue.

Virtually leak proof vs the OEM unit.

Cosmetically TRICK! Aftermarket slave cylinders are generally made out of billet aluminum and come in numerous color combinations. Much more eye appealing than the boring OEM unit.

An aftermarket slave cylinder, when installed and bled correctly, WILL NOT void any portion of your bikes OEM warranty.

A qualified mechanic familiar with such systems (basic principals of bleeding a hydraulic line) can install an aftermarket Ducati clutch slave in under 1 hour.

Aftermarket clutch slaves vary in price from $175 to $225, and are available from several world wide manufacturers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
DucatiGuy said:
Whether or not you purchase the STM I have for sale, here’s what you should know about aftermarket clutch slave cylinders and why you shouldn’t be riding without one!

25-30% reduction in clutch effort vs the OEM unit.

Eliminates the infamous “Ducati-Wrist-Syndrome” that occurs in stop and go traffic with the OEM slave unit.

Ride longer with less fatigue.

Virtually leak proof vs the OEM unit.

Cosmetically TRICK! Aftermarket slave cylinders are generally made out of billet aluminum and come in numerous color combinations. Much more eye appealing than the boring OEM unit.

An aftermarket slave cylinder, when installed and bled correctly, WILL NOT void any portion of your bikes OEM warranty.

A qualified mechanic familiar with such systems (basic principals of bleeding a hydraulic line) can install an aftermarket Ducati clutch slave in under 1 hour.

Aftermarket clutch slaves vary in price from $175 to $225, and are available from several world wide manufacturers.
I CHANGED MINE,IT WAS WELL WORTH IT..............WHERE DID YOU ORDER THE CF SPROKET COVER FROM?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ZooQ... Your slave in on the way!!!! Maybe I should rephrase that, your clutch slave cylinder is on the way - lol.... I also threw in a bleeder kit free of charge. It'll help speed up the install.... Let me know when you get it and what you think...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts