Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I know I've seen this topic before, can't seem to recall where. I've got the stock cans which are 42 feet long on my 848 racebike. Looking to modify them so they are less restrictive, lighter and louder...

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I think there's a how to or a video out there...

Thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
All ya gotta do is cut off the rivets at one end and remove/replace the baffle.

Honestly, the aftermarket can's are so good looking, I'd just throw the stockers on ebay and buy new OR used aftermarket ones.

·
Court Jester
12,025 Posts
I don't know about cutting length but I recommed the A&R mod clean one stop shopping and instuctions.

But digging out that first cat is a bitch!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I cored my cats ditched the baffles but chose (wisely in my opinion) to leave the inner silencer tube connected to the end plate. My reasoning was, I obviously wanted it louder, that I could remove that inner tube permanently if they weren't loud enough after the mod. I'm very glad I went that route. End result was not much louder than stock at idle but they sing when revving out. Best reference I can give is I can still hear my exhaust over wind noise at highway speed with ear plugs in, whereas before modding I couldn't really.

In the end, I have rolled up on parked cops and not been cited, even though it was obvious they were looking at my bike the same way they stare down a krispy kreme, just looking for reason to give me grief. I also haven't pissed my neighbors off when I warm up and leave at 0dark30 for work, or least not enough for them to complain. If you have any of the same concerns as me, I'd advise going that route. If you are 100% certain you want it as loud as possible, go A&R.

Oh and the underseat heat is WAY less, just by removing the cats. That was probably the best thing to come out of the mod honestly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I cored my cats ditched the baffles but chose (wisely in my opinion) to leave the inner silencer tube connected to the end plate. My reasoning was, I obviously wanted it louder, that I could remove that inner tube permanently if they weren't loud enough after the mod. I'm very glad I went that route. End result was not much louder than stock at idle but they sing when revving out. Best reference I can give is I can still hear my exhaust over wind noise at highway speed with ear plugs in, whereas before modding I couldn't really.

In the end, I have rolled up on parked cops and not been cited, even though it was obvious they were looking at my bike the same way they stare down a krispy kreme, just looking for reason to give me grief. I also haven't pissed my neighbors off when I warm up and leave at 0dark30 for work, or least not enough for them to complain. If you have any of the same concerns as me, I'd advise going that route. If you are 100% certain you want it as loud as possible, go A&R.

Oh and the underseat heat is WAY less, just by removing the cats. That was probably the best thing to come out of the mod honestly.
i have to agree with everything u have to say mate. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts