Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Electrical issue... Need help!

Some time without turn the motorcycle on and the battery discharged. I tried to turn on using a jump start battery many times, until everything electric just died. No lights, no gas pump sound. I checked the fuses and the key fuse was bad.

I replaced the fuse and the battery, turned the key on but I still don't have the lights. The dashboard keeps blinking very weak, and I can hear the gas pump working.

What can be the problem? I checked all fuses and it is all fine.

Thank you

· Registered
147 Posts
Battery voltage is? Ground from battery to frame and/or engine? Dash blinking weak points to the battery. Voltage reads like this....
12.8v is ideal static number off the charger for a day or more.
12.6v begins the time to recharge the battery.
12.0v is more a charged battery and shows this number is it no longer can PUSH. Volts means push so no push as in turn the engine over with the starter motor, it goes click-click means no PUSH or can no longer hold volts in reserve.

· Registered
2 Posts
Battery voltage is? Ground from battery to frame and/or engine? Dash blinking weak points to the battery. Voltage reads like this....
12.8v is ideal static number off the charger for a day or more.
12.6v begins the time to recharge the battery.
12.0v is more a charged battery and shows this number is it no longer can PUSH. Volts means push so no push as in turn the engine over with the starter motor, it goes click-click means no PUSH or can no longer hold volts in reserve.
Yours is an easy fix--U HAVE A SHORT or a wire grounding out! I've had this problem b4. The problem is u have to look for wires that have corroded and r touching each other.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts