Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 ST4-Anyone have a mod for this useless side stand, I am scared to use it and always use the centerstand, thanks Sam.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2001 ST4-Anyone have a mod for this useless side stand, I am scared to use it and always use the centerstand, thanks Sam.
You don't say why it's useless, so I'll assume that the bike will fall over. Put the bike on a level surface and place varying thicknesses of timber under the sidestand until you are happy with the lean angle on lock. Then have a plug of steel stitch-welded on and road test. If ok, then have the welding completed & paint. Try easy-to-get steel thicknesses like 3, 5, 8, 10, 12mm. Also & firstly, check to ensure that the sidestand isn't bent.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I thought it was only 97 & 98 that had the stupid suicide side stand, the later model one is fine in my experience.

What problems are you having, got any pics?

Craig

·
Registered
200 Posts
Center Stand all the Time

I only use the side stand to get off or to move it,the center stand i use is 100% all the time...:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts