Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
That is where there is the most wear from accelerating out of the corners...looks normal to my frame of reference...maybe a fast corner coming on to a straight section ???

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Not experienced wit those tires. I had them once a long time ago, when I got the bike, and was told that's the kind of wear to look for. Looks damn near perfect to me, but I'm no expert.

However, keep in mind that not having perfect wear doesn't necessarily mean you need to adjust something. Dave Moss says that sometimes, especially in racing, you may want to sacrifice wear in order to get better traction in some parts of a track and you'll chew through a tire much quicker but you'll decrease your lap times. It's always a compromise. If I was in your shoes and had that tire, I wouldn't change a thing...aside from using more throttle and less brake (which has always been my problem :p).

Reactions: WERA689

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
What temperatures would you run without tire warmers as in cold temps?

I've been told to bring down the temps to where you want them to be when warm. Do a session, as quickly as possible measure the temps and drop them to that temperature once again. Not sure how quickly the tires cool down, but I would assume they would lose a psi or two due to cooling down even in a short period of time

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Looks good to me. If there was something wrong, you'd get edges on the grooves, either tapers going down into the grooves or big lips sticking out of the grooves.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
^correct! Your psi numbers are spot on and the wear looks good. I've been through 4sets in the last year. . Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Depending on track and ambient temperature, you can go 24 to 26 psi on the rear. I normally run 25. Yep, GK is right, your pressure is spot on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.