Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Thanks for the videos. 9.91 is not bad for a machine that is built for track. Its nice to know that this machine can keep up with the busa and the zx14 in the straits though.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
9.91...was expecting better, considering the S1000RR did around 9.6 or so a few years ago when it first came out (stock). Maybe this rider didn't have the greatest start, but with all the electronics on board, i would think it can do better.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This bike is capable of much better 1/4 mile times. Probably mid to low 9's.
Yes I was expecting it to be as fast (or faster) then my Desmo, which according to Sport Rider magazine ran a 9.49 seconds @ 152.80 mph quarter mile. This also has been the fastest production bike they have tested to date !
Sportbike Performance Numbers | Sport Rider

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Yeah, and according to the link you provided, lots of bikes have been faster. The 1098R, as well as every japanese 1000cc bike (some even 2-3 generations ago). I would say the rider plays a very big part in the 1/4 mile, and the margin for error is very small. I'd imagine in a 1-mile drag race the SL would easily pull away from any other bike, but in the 1/4 mile it's all about the launch.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Looking at real world tests though, most bikes are doing mid to low 10s.
They aren't doing the numbers that the link shows.

The BMW does around 10 flat.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Yes I was expecting it to be as fast (or faster) then my Desmo, which according to Sport Rider magazine ran a 9.49 seconds @ 152.80 mph quarter mile. This also has been the fastest production bike they have tested to date !
Sportbike Performance Numbers | Sport Rider
Based on the link, the 1098r also did a 9.91 second quartermile.

Sedici, how is the midrange torque of the SL? is it true that the old midrange that made Ducati famous is back?

·
Registered
68 Posts
SL Superquadro

SL Strip-o-gram walkaround .....<(^B

The 'botmentator' states Ducati factory dyno of 186 wheel horsepower (street zorst & mapping assumed ~ perhaps for EU laws). Common denominator is consistent yield of 192.5 +/- RWH stateside in track guise.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts