Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, time to get 2 wheels under my butt again. I am chasing a 900 superlight preferably a yellow one in good condition and low k's. Red is ok as well but yellow would be good. So if u have one or know some one with one here in Australia please let me know. Thanks , Neil.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Nice try, but I don't think it's what he wants! Admirers of the '90s models generally diss the later SS look. But good luck with the sale nonetheless.

Be aware (if you aren't already) that not all models of Superlight were created equal. Some had trick wheels and discs etc, some did not. Do some research before buying.

And try and buy one with Keihin FCR carbies on it - much nicer!

And if it still has the original stainless cylinder studs you are looking at $$ to replace them with black 998 ones. (They break you know..).

:smoking:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx Pat.. didnt know about the stud problem.But am aware that the 92 was the only ones with the light wheels and so on. Cheers

·
Registered
410 Posts
Wow - that was pretty quick - Looks good. Where did you find her?

I've been looking for an 851 or 888 for ages - seems like I may have to go overseas to get one

Anyone know the costs to import a bike from either UK or USA?

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
That looks like a real fine example Cushy.... well done!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. I am truly stoked. Its awsome, what a difference compared to my 83 Mhr 900 (slap me for selling it).cannot believe how good the brakes are on the sl. And the power is outstanding. Hope to see you on the road. Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts