Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

After riding one of my friends 848 with superpole seat and having read a lot of good things about the seat. I just bought one for my ducati 848 evo. When I rode my friend's, the seat in the middle area was so smooth and I could slide or shift left and right effortlessly which I loved it. However new seat I got is rough in the middle area and it's pretty much like my ass is glued to the seat. Does anybody know if the seat becomes smoother as I use and how many miles it would take? :confused::confused:
Also the position is not comfortable for me as my jewelries getting little crushed esp when braking :bawling: but I read the opposite form other superpole seat users? Any comments ??

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
It's not meant to be smooth! The superpole seat is meant to be grippy so your ass doesn't slide around. If you want smooth, then the stock seat is probably your best bet. If your friend had a superpole seat that was smooth he either did something weird to it or there was so much butt sweat on it that made it slick :eek:.

I had one too on my 1198 and it was awesome compared to the stock one that was so slippery I'd always be sliding around on it.

·
Registered
20,816 Posts
Hey guys,

After riding one of my friends 848 with superpole seat and having read a lot of good things about the seat. I just bought one for my ducati 848 evo. When I rode my friend's, the seat in the middle area was so smooth and I could slide or shift left and right effortlessly which I loved it. However new seat I got is rough in the middle area and it's pretty much like my ass is glued to the seat. Does anybody know if the seat becomes smoother as I use and how many miles it would take? :confused::confused:
Also the position is not comfortable for me as my jewelries getting little crushed esp when braking :bawling: but I read the opposite form other superpole seat users? Any comments ??
I'm not big on the custom seat, they do offer a bit more traction but they add a bit of hieght which my tiny legs can't afford. Try cycling shorts if your looking for some but padding, but your balls will be swimming in its own juices on hot days!:(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comment!.
I realize that it is not meant to be smooth. But I could switch my tussy so easily and could achieve better lean angels fairly effortlessly. Not to mention I felt his seat was lower than stock - well may be something to do with rear suspension lowering!

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Thanks for the comment!.
I realize that it is not meant to be smooth. But I could switch my tussy so easily and could achieve better lean angels fairly effortlessly. Not to mention I felt his seat was lower than stock - well may be something to do with rear suspension lowering!
You are not suppose to slide your ass over your suppose to lift it up a tad to move :)

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Thanks for the comment!.
Now I'm confused. So you realize it's not meant to be smoother, but you're wondering why it's not? :confused:

Also, the SP seat adds about an inch. So if you felt like your friend's was lower, then he must've lowed the crap out of his bike.

·
Registered
20,816 Posts
Now I'm confused. So you realize it's not meant to be smoother, but you're wondering why it's not? :confused:

Also, the SP seat adds about an inch. So if you felt like your friend's was lower, then he must've lowed the crap out of his bike.
I think he is saying its lumpy as in irregularly rough, or the seat cushion wasn't cut properly as opposed to a textured material.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No No, I guess what I am trying to ask - will the seat get smoother after using it for a while? anyone experienced that?
I know it is supposed to be rough at the middle, I guess I liked how it felt riding the smooth one...

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
No No, I guess what I am trying to ask - will the seat get smoother after using it for a while? anyone experienced that?
I know it is supposed to be rough at the middle, I guess I liked how it felt riding the smooth one...
I'd only assume over time everything gets smooth with enough rubbing :D

·
Registered
20,816 Posts
Do you plan to twerk or perhaps grind on it like a stripper? I'm going to stop posting on this thread as it is getting a bit creepy!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I'm inclined to say no. Granted I've only had mine for 1 season...however it was used to begin with when I got it and even when I sold it, it was as grippy as it probably was new. Definitely a LOT grippier than the stock one, which I personally liked. I also never used it for street riding since my bike was a track bike, and for a track bike it was pretty much everything I wanted it to be.

Reactions: hatti46

·
Registered
458 Posts
Had one on my 1198 and loved it. Significant improvement in keeping my balls from smashing the tank under heavy braking. Didn't have to squeeze the tank as hard. With my 1199 I opted for the 899 seat because it's taller, more comfy and has much more grip to it. Scored one from eBay for only $50 to boot! The 1199 seat is just as bad as the 1198.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.